• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's Official, He Is Settling In :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
It made my :heart: smile when I saw Buttercup playing for the first time, I think he is finally starting to feel safe :heart: The toy he opted to play with wasn't in his cage and I do believe that is what made it appealing to him, he likes to do things he isn't suppose to do like eat my walls and stuff :o: Either way I will take it! I am happy to see him taking an interest in something other than plucking :)

Here he is taking a nap after all of his efforts!
View attachment 105816

More of his work :)
View attachment 105817

He was very proud of himself :laughing12:
View attachment 105818

He is so tiny and he reminds me of a little duck :heart: I have to get used to his lanky moves :cool1: He does alot of head and neck movements and I think he is trying to be a tough guy but I am not sure!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I just wanna kiss and love up on him!:heart:

Who's the cocky/'too next to him?

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
That is Farfey :) Please don't look at her cage :rolleyes: She chooses this cage no matter what I do! Ldyae benefited off the last monster cage I bought her :rolleyes: She was having nothing to do with that one! Her and Buttercup get along very very well :) She is out most of the day (she is a very good girl) and Buttercup will go in her cage and steal all of her toys and take them back to his cage, lol. She just watches him and tolerates it all, such a good girl :) Tonight she climbed in her cage with him but that made Momma (me) feel a lil uncomfortable so I took her out but maybe in time I will allow such close contact :) Mercedez, he is very sweet :)

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Such a great outcome, keep up the good work! :highfive: I'm glad theres a chance for them to be friends, that would have to help his outlook.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
I think him watching Farfey really helps him :) He watches her with me and believe you me when I am down here she is my Too magnet! And if I don't pick her up she will climb up my leg and she will do it even if I am wearing shorts :eek: I think he is starting to trust me because of her :heart: I sit with him for hours every night and I talk to him and play youtube vids of sexy hens :heart: He coo's and he has stepped on me once :heart: Baby steps with this one, for sure :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that things are going well!

Matt

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is such a handsome boy,so glad that he is finally settling in :)

Noxxie91

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kaylee
Awww :heart: It's amazing that these creatures can fill us with so much love and joy and pride :)

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awesome update Janice!! If anyone can make a Too feel loved it is you!:D

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Wonderful that he's settling in! And love the mess he made. ;) Bet you loved seeing that!!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Way to go Buttercup!!! Great news! :highfive:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Looks like he's working on regaining some feathering,also. Love ya, Buttercup...:heart:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Janice great update. Love you beautiful bright windows, the birds must love it!

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:yah: Great job, Buttercup!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Thanks everyone :) Buttercup says "Thank you" also :)

Looks like he's working on regaining some feathering,also. Love ya, Buttercup...:heart:
I wish he was working on his feathers! He has actually done more damage then when he first arrived :( He had all of his flights when he first arrived and now he has none :( I am happy to say that he has stopped but it has only been 2 weeks. The one thing I cannot get used to is his movements! He likes to jerk his head and neck around and get in my face :rolleyes: My other Too's don't do this and it is new to me! Everytime he does it, it makes me want to break out in a dance and he sits there and looks at me like "LAWD, I have another loser on my hands!!!" I guess I will figure it out in time :o:

Janice great update. Love you beautiful bright windows, the birds must love it!
Thank you :) That is in my basement! One of the many reasons I bought a house on a cliff! I own 2 acres and I don't own a lawnmower, not needed, all cliff! The best feature is every floor has full windows with wonderful views and the birds really do enjoy the views :) Had I known owning a house on a cliff would make my life so much easier I would of done it years ago :) My Dad keeps telling me my house is going to slide off the cliff and into the river one day :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
He's the same size of Farfey? Are you sure he is a lesser?

I'm glad they get along:heart: What does The Ozz think?

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
He is smaller than Farfey, he weighs 380. He is super tiny! And he doesn't have tail feathers so he truly looks like a cute duck :) He is now starting to come around with the toys but we have alot more to work on :) It is funny, he steals Farfey's toys from her cage but he doesn't know what to do with them so he puts him in his footer bucket and covers it up with food like it doesn't exist if you can't see it! He is a real cutie but he is extremely scared all the time and jumpy with hand movements with everyone other than me and that just started a few weeks ago. He love Rick when he got here and now he attacks Rick, he seems to think he can only be friendly with 1 person at a a time and I am trying to show him it is OK to like more than 1 human but again, baby steps :) I think in time he will find his place here but in the meantime he sure does well at blending in with the others. Ozzy and him are very cool with each other, very respectful! They do not interact outside of their cages yet but in time I will trust Oz or maybe not, who knows. The Lesser is truly different than the Umbrella, Goffin and my Major, that is for sure! Right now I am listening to him grind his beak and he is perching outside of his cage watching animal planet :heart: He is such a doll :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Buttercup does remind me so much of my Cassie. She also used to hide toys when she got them. And she was known only to trust one person, me. My wife tried and tried to work with her, and was rewarded with many nasty bites.
I do miss that LSC beak grinding...music to my ears...:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.