• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Its not urgent but Rileys back in her hospital cage

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
While I had Riley out today she flew over to me and I noticed on her tail was a dark spot so I immediately toweled her and noticed that dark spot was dried blood so i get wash cloth and wet it and start wiping her tail because the blood is close to her vent and I needed to be sure it wasn't coming from her vent. While doing this I started checking her cage to see if there are any bloody stools thankfully there wasn't but there was blood on her food dish and the cup I have under the water bottle and a spot on her happy hut while wiping the dried blood I accidently reopened the wound which is NOT in the vent thank god so I put her in her hospital cage with no perches and will be calling the vet tomorrow as its Sunday and they aren't open. I have a feeling she did this after a fall while I was gone because she's been falling an awful lot off her perches since I took her in to get her nails trimmed last week. I know its not a blood feather because there's no blood on her play stand (she spent an hour or so on the white lined bottom so it would have been very obvious)

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Did you get the bleeding to stop? Hope everything checks out well tomorrow. :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8:

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Wow that must have been scary. Hope all goes well and that you are able to figure out what happened! Is it possible she could have cut herself on something?

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
It wasn't bleeding real bad but I did make sure to slow it way down before putting her in there I haven't seen any more blood but I have been keeping an eye on her. She stopped hissing at me which is always good.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
:hug8:

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
I'm thinking she cut herself during a fall because as I said she's had trouble perching since she had her nails trimmed and the girl who did it even said afterwards it was her first time. and with how big her cage is its possible that she did cut herself that way. What was scarier than seeing the dried blood was seeing a big red spot on the bottom of her cage and thinking she had a giant bloody stool turned out to be one of her dark red translucent beads.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
OK I just check where she has been sitting since I put her in there and no blood so that's good

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Poor baby. How is she doing?

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
She is doing just fine no more blood. I think I will keep her in her hospital cage for a couple more weeks just to be safe. She is still acting completely normal so that's good