• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Its M&M Travel Day!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I had considered rehoming my two youngest GCC to go back to trucking. I cannot do it. My heart breaks for you. I also cannot breed my birds because I couldn't bear to give one up. I guess it has something to do with being a senior citizen.
Funny you mention that.... I actually came across an older trucking gal that lived out of her semi. She owned what she thought were two female budgies... until they created a nest inside the cab of the truck and had babies!!! And she also owns a green cheek(s)! (don't recall if one or two) What made it even more interesting is that she attended OCR's (Obstacle Course Races), and of course, she was the only one there with a semi! (never saw her with a trailer) I actually have a picture of her male budgie looking out one of the windows! ;)

I'm glad that M&M made it safely, too! I'm sure all of us would have preferred a different shipment method but we do the best that we can given the circumstances! They arrived safely and I'm glad they are still with A&E! (They are my favorite budgie pair on the forum! :heart: )

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
People send live animals via mail all the time and it is usually a success. Mishaps happen, even with airlines. I once had to wait for a parrot who was suppose to be on a flight landing in L.A., but ended up in Boston instead. Concerning this situation somebody screwed up on the postal end, unfortunately it happens. Lady J is not only entitled to a refund, but also an explanation and a big apology as well .

The big winners out of this whole ordeal are M&M, for they have gone from one loving home to another. Well done, ladies. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't know anything about that shipment so I will not comment about it.

But great that they are safe now.
I feel so happy for that but also very sad for Dianne's sake.

I why should someone leave this forum?
I don't want to hear anything about that.
We don't have to agree on everything. We have our own will and own experience about things.
But that doesn't mean that we can't accept other's choice.
If you want someone to accept your choices, then you also need to accept other's.
Yes we can post and say that we don't agree and don't like what that person did, but that doesn't mean that we don't like that person.
For me that is a big difference. And I hope that you all here sees it the same way.
So, no more words about leaving this forum. Please.

And to you Dianne. :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m so pleased they arrived at their destination and they are ok.
I hope they settle in quickly after a much well deserved rest :hug8:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Glad everyone is safe and sound.

Prayers for the two parronts involved. Rest and sleep and come back soon. All is well.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Ultimately what matters most to all of us is the safety and well being of M&M :heart:
Now, where are the pictures? :needpics:
Yes!! After the tension for all of us felt some pictures of the happy pair would be nice. I understand the need to let them rest but when they are ready pretty please post some pictures

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Don't care how they got there, they did and are at their new home and safe. I did say I figured they would get there fine and that's all that matters. When you're settled in with them and ready I certainly want pictures and updates and hope it happens and we love both of you :hug9:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I get that shipping the birds is not the safest way to get them to @finchly s house but they had already tried an AA train which was not successful. Finchly would probably give them the best home they can get or at least much better than some local child’s home.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Late to the shipping bird watch but glad it went well///

I don't know all of the details & never was aware of it but seems USPS offers a special service to ship live birds. I am surprised USPS offers this service as it seems like alot of work & risk for the post office but if they provide special shipping then with research & other considerations to prove it then this time M&M were pioneers...
Would have to look into it very carefully but seems it is an option. Birds are handled carefully but still subject to shipping delays...

Min 6 ounces for a bird would not be applicable to budgies to most conures & many small medium size birds. 175 grams is well above tiels & most pois...I think its meant to ship poultry. Not sure why the min weight restrictions but guess they have there reasons.

Penny is about 265 grams... So suppose med large birds such pionus, XL caiques, african grays would be a candidate.

Must emphasize never ship birds as regular priority express parcels....they are not meant for live birds...We don;t want anyone to get the wrong idea & endanger there bird. This was a special USPS Pro bird shipping service....it has strict guidelines for the bird & containers to maintain safety. Does seem to say they are handled like other parcels....anyway glad I did not know about it as I too would have been fretting....

Luckily M&M are now on a new adventure...