• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent It's getting more serious now..

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
That's tough. :( If she's cold, you can certainly increase heat. Heck, not a bad idea anyway even if it's NOT cold as that means less calories spent trying to stay warm.

A second opinion isn't a bad idea. I hope she's able to get better.

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
Thanks for all the help everyone! I'm happy to say she is finally clearing up.

I added a heat mat from my old Leopard Gecko's terrarium and put it underneath her travel cage she is staying in, keeping the floor/blanket she is on around 25 degrees constant.
This clearly made a huge impact since she started sleeping extremely well during the night and instantly showed improvement.
The new antibiotics also seemed to kick-in really well and, the adjusted diet with extra egg etc.

Her poops went from bright neon green to perfect little poops in a matter of days and she has tons of energy again. (She hasn't shut up all day).
She still needs her naps but has been out today, even said hello to my IRN, and spent some time in her actual cage.
For safety I am keeping her in the travel cage for at least another night, to make sure she has the strength to actually move around in that one, but boy is she excited to leave the travel cage!

For the past couple of days all she wanted to do was snuggle up in my hand or my sweaters, now she's acting like her old self again.

And she started preening heavily! Thank god... She was one dirty munchkin.

Thanks everyone for giving us advice and keeping up the good spirits, we thought it was going to be a very sad Christmas this year.. Time for celebrating!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Oh goodness!! I hope she continues to improve :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
What a wonderful update!!!! So glad to hear!

I would honestly recommend keeping her where she's at until she's done with the antibiotics, maybe even a few days after, to ensure she stays good!