• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Its Been Busy- Sad Update Post #22

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Dianne, I'm so sorry for your loss. Christine was a beautiful kitty. She is now out of pain but I know the heartache so well.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am so sorry for your loss! :sorrow:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no, I am so sorry :sadhug:

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Dianne - I am so sorry. I know you will miss her.
It's okay if/when you change your mind and get another cat.
It just takes time to heal.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug: I am so sorry that she had to leave you. As others have said, this is the worst part of having them - the pain of having to say goodbye to them. Animals have such pure, beautiful souls. I wish they could always be with us. You made her a happy girl, though. She was beautiful.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry you lost Christine :sorrow:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I am so sorry to hear you had to allow Christine to cross the Bridge, but you know you did the right thing. When you hear her meow, listen closely. I don't think she is lost or upset, I think she is telling you she is OK and she is thanking you for her release from pain and fear. At the Bridge she will become a young cat again, healthy and playful and just waiting for your crossing. The Goddess would never allow one of her children to be lost and afraid after their release.

Warm fuzzy hugs and a comforting headbutt coming your way from me and my menagerie. I know it feels like your heart was ripped out, but it will get better. Remember your times with Christine every time the pain starts and you will be OK.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I am so sorry to hear of Christine's passing...

Thoughts and hugs to you.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Having recently gone through the loss of our beloved Rex, I truly understand the depth of your grief. The pain is deep, and it'll just take time for your heart to heal and move forward.
My heart reaches out to you... with my deepest sympathy, @Lady Jane.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my gosh @Lady Jane , Dianne this just broke my heart... for you and for her. She was absolutely gorgeous, and lived such a long and wonderful life with you, I know she is waiting for you at the bridge as I type this, with my LingLing, who was also a long hair Calico. I am so very very sorry. Tears in my eyes now. <3 Much love, hugs and prayers for you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Tears in my eyes now.

thank you My tears have stopped but sometimes I think and feel her here with me. She needs to be over the bridge. I actually talked to her last night in my mind and let her know how sorry I am that I did not tell her what was going to happen but I was not sure myself at the time. This must sound crazy to other people. I truly felt her confusion last night. I know it will get better. Everyone here has helped so much.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Having recently gone through the loss of our beloved Rex, I truly understand the depth of your grief. The pain is deep, and it'll just take time for your heart to heal and move forward.
My heart reaches out to you... with my deepest sympathy

I appreciate your warm thoughts. The pain is deep.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry to hear you had to allow Christine to cross the Bridge, but you know you did the right thing. When you hear her meow, listen closely. I don't think she is lost or upset, I think she is telling you she is OK and she is thanking you for her release from pain and fear. At the Bridge she will become a young cat again, healthy and playful and just waiting for your crossing. The Goddess would never allow one of her children to be lost and afraid after their release.

Warm fuzzy hugs and a comforting headbutt coming your way from me and my menagerie. I know it feels like your heart was ripped out, but it will get better. Remember your times with Christine every time the pain starts and you will be OK.

I pray she is OK as you so eloquently write. Thanks you for your gentle thoughts. It helps

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry. I know you will miss her.
It's okay if/when you change your mind and get another cat.
It just takes time to heal.

I am absolutely certain there will be no more cats. Not because I don't love them. Its because of my age and finances.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So very sorry for your loss. It's the worst part of owning these animals. I have a house with 3 dogs, 2 cats and everyone is older. It will be a very sad and torturous time for me when their time comes. But I have to have a bunch of furbabies!!! And so many in need.

You are so correct So many in need. Thanks for your heart felt message. Its hard to know what to say to a person at times like these.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So very sorry for your loss ,16 years togeather sharing life's ups and downs .Its not easy letting go.
My deepest condolences in the passing of your Kitty.
:sorrow:

We did have many wonderful years together. I got her at the SPCA at age 4 months. Her personality was very sweet and calm. She never once bothered the birds. Somehow she knew not to.