• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's 18 degrees outside...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...and naturally, the birds wanted a "WET"...so we set up a WET relay....first Milton, then Buddy. Milton sat on the towel bar while Kathy brought Buddy in and handed her to me, so he got an eyeful of Buddy getting wet...

Milton: "I WET...YOU QUITE WET...BLUE SOAP QUITE WET...BUDDY REAL WET...DAT BIRD WET!" (Milton's vocalization of Buddy's name sounds a lot like "muddy", but I get it ;))

Buddy: (in a very loud Conure voice) "WETWETWETWETWETWET"...

Milton: " YOU QUITE WET BIRD...I LIKE WET...I LOVE IT"

Buddy: (continuing) "WETWETWETWETWETWET"....

Milton: "DAT RIGHT..YOU WET BIRD...I WET BIRD TOO...DAD WET"...

...and on and on..I'm going downstairs to do laundry...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
hehe this made me smile :D... would love to see a vid one day :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
If he’s anything like mine, they go silent when the camera comes out:laugh:
Milton is openly antagonistic towards cameras...he destroyed two of them in the past when he attacked the camera. (and the person trying to take his picture)

There are a few pictures of the snothead around...although they're always taken from a discreet distance...;)

As for videos...when someone tries to catch him...:meh: :meh: :meh:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So cute! It sounds like you had some happy, wet birdies at your house. I love how they had a little conversation amongst themselves!:heart:

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:embarassed:

How cute!!! I love your Milton conversations. I wish there were video so I could get Waffle to start learning more words than "Baby" and "I love you." (not complaining of course, because both are adorable! but I think it is too quiet around here most of the time..)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It sounds like you had some happy, wet birdies at your house.
It would seem so...but I think Buddy was not happy being taken away from her food. After she came back to the cage, she began to stuff herself...all the time giving me THE LOOK...:rolleyes:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Fun times at the zoo.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
DAT RIGHT BIRD YOU WET...I get a kick out of how they talk to each other! :rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton is amazing.
...yes, he is. He also in a large pain in the rear end...last night he kept pulling the cover off his cage...when I told him (after the third pull-off) that he didn't have to have the cover on, he called me a "BAD DAD"...:rolleyes:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...yes, he is. He also in a large pain in the rear end...last night he kept pulling the cover off his cage...when I told him (after the third pull-off) that he didn't have to have the cover on, he called me a "BAD DAD"...:rolleyes:
I guess being a pain goes with how intelligent they are. Fred's getting into his hormonal season again. Not wanting to be touched. I remember this from last year. He's hard to please too. Throws everything I hand him and stares me down lol. Good match for grumpy cat lol.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad do any of your birds get that way? Its annoying but of course love him grumpy and all lol.
...actually, most of them do. ;)

Buddy is molting heavily right now, and she's been a holy terror, grump-wise...and yes, she doesn't want to be touched or even picked up. She even snitted at my brother. (her favorite person in the world) He reacted correctly and told her, "Fine, if you don't want me to pick you up, I won't...it's your choice." She later relented and indicated she wanted up, so he did pick her up...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
It would seem so...but I think Buddy was not happy being taken away from her food. After she came back to the cage, she began to stuff herself...all the time giving me THE LOOK...
:watching:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...actually, most of them do. ;)

Buddy is molting heavily right now, and she's been a holy terror, grump-wise...and yes, she doesn't want to be touched or even picked up. She even snitted at my brother. (her favorite person in the world) He reacted correctly and told her, "Fine, if you don't want me to pick you up, I won't...it's your choice." She later relented and indicated she wanted up, so he did pick her up...
Oh boy. Before Fred I had only experience with lovebirds and nothing seems to bother them. They are also not moody! So needless to say I am not used to moody birds lol!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Oh man, neither was I till I got Lurch, scared to death and mad at the world. He tore a chunck out of my scritchen finger his first night here and it was a battle to slowly earn his trust after that. His first instinct was to quickly bite as hard as he could without any warning I could detect. At the end he'd fly after me like a feathered puppy any time I'd leave the room. I got bit a lot and earned everything he gave me. I called him MR LURCH for a reason but he chose me after we wore each other down.
Nerd before him I was his world, Dobby the last tool in his box is a bite and he loves every body and is a gentle soul who is full of mischief.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Oh boy. Before Fred I had only experience with lovebirds and nothing seems to bother them. They are also not moody! So needless to say I am not used to moody birds lol!
Being human, we all achieve that "Zen" moment of dealing with moody birds at differing times...;) :)