• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It brings tears to my eyes about Farlie

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
I am so happy now that Farlie can finely fly that it brings tears to my eyes watching him come and go as he pleases and brother, he does.
We were playing last night and he got thirsty so took off to his cage to get a drink of water and I almost cried out loud watching him fly.
The miracle of flight. I wish I could do it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
There is a special beauty and elegance in a bird flying. Truly magnificent :)❤

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
The best feeling :heart: Both of my birds came to me with clipped wings and I was so proud when they were able to fly about with so much confidence. I call them my flying aces now :elefant:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Way to go Farlie! So proud of you!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I am so happy now that Farlie can finely fly that it brings tears to my eyes watching him come and go as he pleases and brother, he does.
We were playing last night and he got thirsty so took off to his cage to get a drink of water and I almost cried out loud watching him fly.
I know the feeling Rick, had my grey since he was just a baby. I remember the first flight, landed on my chest. But the look on the birds face...priceless! The happy talking he did was pure excitement. Now 7 years later...he's a pro at flight and I never get tired of watching him fly.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
The look on Pilos face when his flight feathers grew back and could fly again was priceless! Also, whenever I walk to another room he flies like a rocket to be on my shoulder... if you could see the look on my face when he asks for kisses when he lands, its priceless as well! :xflove:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Love a good news story! :heart:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Farlie was sitting on my finger kissing my nose while I was playing a PC game. He then turned toward his cage a took off. I asked him where he was going and he just climbed into his cage then down to his food and water and had a snack.
Cutest thing was that when he was done eating, he flew back to me.
I'm so very happy that he can finally fly where he wants to.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
That's as it should be. :)

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
I know what you mean. As Emery becomes more and more confident in her flights, she has started to find so much joy in flying. She even dive bombs me for fun sometimes because she loves the reaction she gets. It's such an amazing feeling to watch them spread those beautiful wings. :xflove:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I have that ability... soon as the wife starts yelling at me! Look at me go! :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha....lucky you! I used to fly too when my wife got like that....she clipped my wings!!
Saying ( wait I'm not done with you yet..here's the honey do list) lol.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
One of the things I like best about Farlie's flying is that he always returns to my shoulder and not to the top of my head.
He was in a flying mood yesterday evening while I was on one of the community computers in our library here. There was a lady on the other computer and a man standing in the doorway asking questions about the pretty bird. As Farlie took off and made a couple of swoops and circles around the room he ended up landing on my shoulder. This happened a few times and it was Farlie's way to tell me he wanted to go home, I understood later.
The man asked me how I trained him to do that among other questions. I told him that it was mostly out of love and kindness and caring for the bird that the bird loves me as well. I also said that when he was a baby I was there for him 24/7 if he wanted or needed me. I feed him and talked to him and picked him up 'when he fell'.
He trusts me wholeheartedly now and he prefers to land on me rather than anywhere else. He also likes his 'T' perch too. Between his 'T' perch and my shoulders, he feels very secure.
That's how I trained him to sit or fly to my shoulders. It was his choice. :hug8:

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe that is beautiful ♥ well done Farlie!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Farlie was sitting on my finger kissing my nose while I was playing a PC game. He then turned toward his cage a took off. I asked him where he was going and he just climbed into his cage then down to his food and water and had a snack.
Cutest thing was that when he was done eating, he flew back to me.
I'm so very happy that he can finally fly where he wants to.

That’s wonderful!