• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is this serious? Red around eye?

CrazyCakes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My parakeets eye is red around the rim. Could he have hit it with a toy or is this something that can be serious. Can birds get conjunctivitis? Is this an emergency or something that looks normal. I’ve never seen any of my birds have a red eyes like this so concerned if it’s something contagious where I should move him to another room till the morning.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes they can get eye infections. It is very possible he also just irritated it with a toy or something. I would monitor for a couple days and see how it looks. I wouldn't consider it an emergency unless he starts to seem like it is getting worse.

CrazyCakes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Yes they can get eye infections. It is very possible he also just irritated it with a toy or something. I would monitor for a couple days and see how it looks. I wouldn't consider it an emergency unless he starts to seem like it is getting worse.
Thank you so much

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It looks like a little dye has transfered from a toy or something? Has he been rubbing against anything for an itch? Can you match the colour to anything he has?