• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this okay to use?

emxstock

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone! I have gotten a bad fungal infection on my toenails. I have tried many medications and nothing is working. A lot of people have recommended vapor rub. I'm scared to use it with having a bird. Would this be okay to apply at night when he's in bed in a different room? Or should I avoid it all together?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would be comfortable using it in the manner you described :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hi everyone! I have gotten a bad fungal infection on my toenails. I have tried many medications and nothing is working. A lot of people have recommended vapor rub. I'm scared to use it with having a bird. Would this be okay to apply at night when he's in bed in a different room? Or should I avoid it all together?
The medicated nail polish didn't work? Have you also been using a fungal wash for your socks and regularly using fungal killers on anything your feet come into contact with? I find it odd the medications didn't work so I would be concerned about re infection more than lack of efficacy on part of the meds.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Someone in my family soaked their feet in a tea of some kind. The toenail ultimately fell off and if memory serves me, it grew back in correctly.