• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this cage big enough for Sierra??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
Mine have all learned to talk just from listening to me. I am a talker. <blush> I talk all the time, even when there's no one here to talk to. So they pick it up that way. I think if all you do is repeat a word or phrase they dont learn what it means. Any time i've ever TRIED to teach one of mine to say something, they never said it. But if i say ONE thing i DONT want repeated ONE TIME, they pick that up immediately. <shakes head> They all seem to pick up things i say tho. They also learn from each other. My dear skittles has a bit of a checkered past and says some naughty words. HE taught my quaker to say some very unsavory things.

Sierra2012

Walking the driveway
Mine have all learned to talk just from listening to me. I am a talker. <blush> I talk all the time, even when there's no one here to talk to. So they pick it up that way. I think if all you do is repeat a word or phrase they dont learn what it means. Any time i've ever TRIED to teach one of mine to say something, they never said it. But if i say ONE thing i DONT want repeated ONE TIME, they pick that up immediately. <shakes head> They all seem to pick up things i say tho. They also learn from each other. My dear skittles has a bit of a checkered past and says some naughty words. HE taught my quaker to say some very unsavory things.
When I rescued her the other owners said Sierra had a bad mouth and said naughty words but I havent heard any come out of her mouth and She has been here almost a month....Thanks for the info tho thats cool they learn on thier own that is alot easier than what i have been trying to do....I was spending an hour a day repeating phrases trying to teach her" thank you" and her name....I guess that was a waste of time but it was quality time so thats a good thing....I guess now I got to find something else to do with herr for an hour.....I like spending one hour with each rescue or family member a day spending quality time with each animal so they feel at home and its good to give each one some TLC time:heart:

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
i'm not a good 'trainer' but there are plenty of quality time spending tricks you can teach her. if its fun for her and you, its all good. check out some of the trick training books on amazon.com for ideas.

Sierra2012

Walking the driveway
i'm not a good 'trainer' but there are plenty of quality time spending tricks you can teach her. if its fun for her and you, its all good. check out some of the trick training books on amazon.com for ideas.
Cool I will look for some books there thanks for the tip

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Sierra2012

Walking the driveway