• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this a brown head?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So you have definitely decided on a red-belly. Pick the one that you have that gut feeling about. The one who is most interested in you.

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Well of course Susanne said the money could be transferred towards a different kind of bird. But so far the red belly boy and one of her macaws loved me. I'm not wanting a huge parrot tho. So as of now, I think it is gonna be the boy, but I'll decide next week when I go back

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great. How much longer until he is weaned and can come home with you?
BTW, take some photos of your r-b during your visit.

Last edited:

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Two weeks ago she said 4-6 weeks. Last week she said they were weaning quick. So I am not sure. Will keep my carrier in the car so when it's time I am ready. No worries I'll take a bunch! Since you were a breeder of red bellies...they hatched the first week of May....

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds right. Some of mine fledged at about 7 weeks, some a bit later and one at 6 wks. and then most of them weaned at @ 10-12 weeks. I had to continue handfeeding one until he was about 14 -15 weeks old at which time he finally refused the formula. I always kept notes when I was raising them regarding amount of food during each feeding and their daily weights. I still have those notes somewhere.

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
They are having a hard time catching them to feed them so that must mean something lol