• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is the bar at the side new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
On the index page, there is a bar on the right side with “New Forum Posts” and “Blog Entries”. :huh: I have never seen it until now, it just came up.

1.png

2.png

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Yes it is new :dance4: It was added tonight. I love it!

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
:(....I don't like all the changes to the forum. The new Manage Attachments sucks. The colors look too generic.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The colors will be changing soon. That was always stated that it was temporary. While I realize not everyone likes change I really really like all the changes and new features. I find the manage attachments rather easy after I figured out how to use it. I love the like button! I like that I can easily access all my posts and threads at a touch of a button too

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am anxious for the color changes! I didn't like the manage attachment change at first but when I got used to it, I now like it. I think change is good:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Suzanne, see if this thread helps some with the manage attchments.http://forums.avianavenue.com/servi...w-upload-pictures-4-10-11-a-2.html#post747429

I kind of miss the old one too but with thisone you can select multiple files and and it'll upload them all, rather than having to click the add button to add another file.I do like that better.The instructions Theresa posted in that thread are better than mine - it seems to work differently with different web browsers and Safari didnt give me all the options firefox does.

The new colors will becoming soon, working on a few last details with the designer.

I think the new things we have outweigh the things we lost. There is no way to go back at this point so we can only do the best we can to improve on what we have.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I agree the new attachment manager is a bit convoluted but it does have its advantages. Like Jill mentioned, the multiple attachment selection feature will permit the user to select from a thumbnail view of previously uploaded files. It's a great time saving feature if you're a member that uploads loads of pictures. :)

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I collapsed it but it is back again, lol! (when I logged off and logged back on) Is there a way to hide it permanently? I don’t mind it really though.

I think the attachment manager is good, you have the options of either uploading via your computer, or uploading it via a URL. Plus, you can re-size the photos too which I think comes in handy if people upload large photos.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:(....I don't like all the changes to the forum. The new Manage Attachments sucks. The colors look too generic.
Stop being such a grouch and get your butt back on this forum miss maam.:hug8:

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I don't mind the other changes except the thing on the side. I collapsed it because when I was searching the site it seemed too "newspaper" feel to it. I am glad we can collapse it so now it feels all good again. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.