• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my cockatiel's feet injured?

zooky

Checking out the neighborhood
I just got my first cockatiel a few days ago and it seems to have a slight grey spot on both it's feet. I'm wondering if this is normal? It can perch properly but when it wants to grab something with it's feet it will hesitate to use it's feet and will just hover open without grabbing the item. Is this normal? Should I bring it to the vet earlier? IMG_20231227_170504.jpg Screenshot_2023-12-27-17-07-37-28_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg It's 5.5 months old. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nothing about the coloration looks suspect to me; bird feet come in a lot of colors, especially with mutations.

Hesitation before stepping up is normal, especially with a new bird. They are prey creatures, and naturally weary of new things :)

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
His leg looks okay to me

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
The color is fine. But it looks like there might be 2 small round bumbs on low ankle between two toes closest to the body. This could be gout .
Check to see if those bumps are real, and not just an illusion from how the picture turned out