• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is Cosmo Poop Normal?

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
I asked one of my friends one day if green poop in a parrot is normal when I got him the first day, she told me it was, but I felt hesitant, I looked up if this was normal and in some places it says liver disease. My friend never took him to the vet before so I’m wondering if it is or not, which we have an appointment luckily for him in December 1st. Should I change his diet in the mean time, because my mom started giving him seeds recently.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
This doesn't worry me at this time.
First morning poops are almost always very green from holding poop ove night and bile acids.

Poop can be a range of colors depending on what they eat .

What would be worried is if the liquid part was bright green in a fresh sample. After poop sits green and other colors can leech out normal so can't evaluate those very well.

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
I would have to examine his poop more, but that was during at night. I also told my mom not to get him a blanket on the side of his cage and he ate some anyways, luckily he didn’t eat more and his feet was a bit red I think from this green perch, I don’t know. If not it’s probably the dowel perch I can’t tell but I have to look at his feet again

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Hmmm ..
You should not see a quakers nostrils like this , they are normally covered by feathers. Unless he has just had a bath or funjed his head. Drinking water won't make face wet ..

Plus looking a little fluffed in that last picture ..now I am worried might have a little health issue.

Birds can definitely fluff when taking a nap and thst normal....

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
Hmmm ..
You should not see a quakers nostrils like this , they are normally covered by feathers. Unless he has just had a bath or funjed his head. Drinking water won't make face wet ..

Plus looking a little fluffed in that last picture ..now I am worried might have a little health issue.

Birds can definitely fluff when taking a nap and thst normal....
He sneezed once before when I got him on the first day so yeah I’m kind of worried about him. Another thing he is having a lot of flying issues. My mom got him a “parrot gym” which is basically a perch stand for him, he flew to a door immediately. Which I told her to get a bigger one, she didn’t listen to me. Since he has his wings clipped, it’s not good for him to fly much till he grows them back and every time we take him out he wants to fly away.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
The stand is very nice tho.
Little babies have a lot of urge to fly, it takes a real long time for them to give up because they can't with wings clipped . And with wings clipped he can't fly very well.
It will take several months to molt in new ones.

If it keeps being wet around nostril , even if not continuous, then he probably does ha eva respiratory infection.

One of mine , would have intermittent wet around nostril with her respiratory infection.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
You obviously live your new baby so much! It makes me so happy how much you care sbd are trying to get everything right!

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
The stand is very nice tho.
Little babies have a lot of urge to fly, it takes a real long time for them to give up because they can't with wings clipped . And with wings clipped he can't fly very well.
It will take several months to molt in new ones.

If it keeps being wet around nostril , even if not continuous, then he probably does ha eva respiratory infection.

One of mine , would have intermittent wet around nostril with her respiratory infection.
I will let my mom know about the possibility of him being sick with a respiratory infection and hopefully she will let the doctor do anything he can to help him, my mom is afraid of the avian doctor take out his blood since he is so little, but if he needs to has his blood check, then it’s important for my mom to let him check him. Plus I’m worried about him what if something happens to him. The flying part I don’t know what to do because he still gonna want to fly since he is curious, my mom suggest to leave him in the cage, which he won’t get much exercise there, unless maybe I fix his cage for him to exercise inside.