• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is an empty oj or milk kidsize carton ok to let the birds shred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
big scooter gets so upset when i toss mine in the trash saying it's not for you :huh:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Those type of cartons are well coated with a wax of some sort, so have no idea off hand on how wax would be for birds.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My birds love chewing up plastic milk cartons and water bottles, but I would never give them waxed cardboard.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure Sarojie .. I'm not usually a "nervous nelly" about giving my birds stuff like that, but .. I never have .. again as others mentioned, the wax coating and ink used is questionable. Mostly that wax coating bugs me.

What about those empty cardboard soda pop cartons I saw in one of your pictures when the girls were there? Those I give to the birds, they LOVE the empty soda pop cartons .. for a free "toy", it can keep them occupied for hours playing in the "tunnel", peeping their heads out thru the holes and such.

I know the soda pop cartons might have some glue, but .. birds aren't really "eating" them, justing playing and shredding .. if I have an empty one, I get the the "stink eye" if they don't get a shot at it, esp. the Cakes .. they will play with one for an entire day .. I put a little hand towel inside, throw some foot toys .. and they're in birdie heaven.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I wouldnt think the wax would be too good..surely that big Scooter has enough other toys to play with....:laughing12:

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
No, they can't have them sorry. Try crumbled up paper. My babies go nuts for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.