• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent IRN tail bobbing

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
I made a similar forum to this before about my indian ringnecks tail bobbing (video linked on that forum), the vet said that she heard crackling when listening to her heart which means she could have an infection, she is now on 2 antibiotics day and night for a week.

Her behaviour is normal, it was normal before she went to the vet too, her tail bobbing was very slight yesterday which I was happy about however today her tail bobbing was a little more noticeable but still not as distinct as the one in the video I linked on the other forum. Her tail only bobs when she’s sitting relaxed not when she’s moving around or eating.

My question is is slight tail bobbing normal for indian ringnecks? When I research it the results always come up with only budgies never parrots. Although I did read that tail bobbing isn’t normal at all in indian ringnecks because they use their feet to balance so the only reason for tail bobbing is breathing difficulties.

Does anyone else with an IRN notice small tail bobbing? Is it normal for the tail to move a bit or should I still worry? :unsure1:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
With my GCC and quakers, I can see the tiniest movement sometimes.