• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Invasion of giant squid!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Looks like fun but I really want to know more about the mushroom you have in the cage please. It looks so cute that I think I need one :D

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
Looks like fun but I really want to know more about the mushroom you have in the cage please. It looks so cute that I think I need one :D
It’s custom made along with the cage. When this cage was in its making process, the owner asked me if my bird would like anything apart from free pedicure perches. I told him that Mali liked to sleep in his wooden house in the cage that now is gonna belong to my lovebird. So he let me look at some “nest box” designs, and I chose the mushroom house.
For some reason, Mali hates the mushroom house. Joseph occupies it instead.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Your Plets are adorable! :)
The squid reminds me of the piñata toy from (I can´t remember which brand) but more fun.
I also LOVE the mushroom house, best thing I´ve seen in a bird cage in a long time.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Your Plets are adorable! :)
The squid reminds me of the piñata toy from (I can´t remember which brand) but more fun.
I also LOVE the mushroom house, best thing I´ve seen in a bird cage in a long time.
Yes, it is the Piñata from Planet Pleasures. I try to import this brand to sell them to Thai people for a while now. So far I don’t have many customers because they are pricey (duh! that’s imported goods for ya!). However, most of my recurring customers do agree that they are a lot better than mainstream toys sold in the local market.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have never seen Planet pleasures toys here in Spain... but I can buy them online.
The toys in stores here are poor and expensive :(

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep an eye on the Planet Pleasures toy. It can start to unravel and bird can get caught in it. That has happened with some birds.
Cute photos and the mushroom is interesting.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keep an eye on the Planet Pleasures toy. It can start to unravel and bird can get caught in it. That has happened with some birds.
Cute photos and the mushroom is interesting.
I told all of my customers to check for any potential hazards or if big parrots start playing with the pear links. So far nothing happens yet and they seem to remove shredded toy parts out of the toys regularly.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I told all of my customers to check for any potential hazards or if big parrots start playing with the pear links. So far nothing happens yet and they seem to remove shredded toy parts out of the toys regularly.
It's not the link that is the issue but the material unraveling can become an issue. Also if the bird likes to stand on the top and chew on the part that the link slips into the toy will go crashing to the bottom of the cage, sometimes along with the bird. I had that happen with my 'tiel. Just a good idea to monitor the toy and when it unravels cut the pieces off or remove the toy.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m sure @Ripshod had an issue with a similar toy... I can´t remember what happened though.

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I don't let the loop part hang inside the cage. I have these plastic "C" links that I use to pull the top loop out of the cage and anchor on a different bar with the plastic "C" loop thing. That way the top of the toy is almost flush with the top cage bars. Some toys have super huge/long hanging loops so I do that with many toys.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
I don't let the loop part hang inside the cage. I have these plastic "C" links that I use to pull the top loop out of the cage and anchor on a different bar with the plastic "C" loop thing. That way the top of the toy is almost flush with the top cage bars. Some toys have super huge/long hanging loops so I do that with many toys.
Where can I find those?