• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introduction and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk

Moving in
Real Name
Tim
Hi - I'm new to this forum - and am looking forward to welcoming a green aracari into our family in the not too distant future. I've been in touch with Jason Crean and am fortunate enough to be bringing one of his birds into my home! I had been doing lots of research before deciding on a green aracari - and now more research getting ready.

I wanted to ask the forum about the size of cages - particularly the bar spacing. Jason indicates that he has about a 1" spacing (hope I'm getting that right), and wanted to see if others do the same. The cage I'm looking at is about 43" wide - so I believe that will be wide enough.

Anyway - I'm sure I'll be participating on this forum, especially when the little one arrives home. Many thanks....Tim

NikkiCat

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Sorry I can't help you, but I love Jason's babies and can't wait to get one from him one day! He is a great breeder. Congrats, and I hope to see pictures and stories of your baby when he or she arrives! Someone will be along soon to help!
Welcome!:hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am not sure about your question, there is others that will be able to answer though – just wanted to say welcome to Avian Avenue and congratulations on your aracari, seems more and more people are getting them which is great to see, hear lots of good things about them! :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome..hopefully someone will come on with an answer

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
1" spacing is correct. You just need to safely keep them in their cages when their inside. Aracari's shouldn't be clipped. Unlike a hookbill they don't use their beaks to climb. 43" Wide is a good width. What about Depth and Heighth? Hopefully it will be in good proportion to the width and not a short cage. :) You want to give them as much room to fly when they're in their cage as possible.

I'm sure you're VERY excited!!! Aracari's are such incredible birds. Congratulations.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.