• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing...Baby Girl Olive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Well, we have her home. I am drying out her cage right now and she is on her java wood perch until we can get her old cage up. We will keep her in her old cage until she feels more comfortable with us. She was pretty stressed and I guess she got a bit aggressive when the owner tried to put her in the travel cage (I was moving her cage out so missed that part) :) We don't want to clip her, but her being flighted is going to be a challenge until she is comfortable with us...we will need to be extra careful. She immediately flew to the top of our cupboards to check everything out from a safe vantage next to our ceramic angry chicken :D. While she was there she took food from both myself and my partner. We finally got her to step up on one of her old perches and onto her java perch where she is now eating :) Here are some pics from her old home to her forever home. :heart: Alexandrines are so beautiful and regal looking.:eek: She is well on her way to stealing both of our hearts :hug8: The first two are from her old home and the rest are from here.

Attachments

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Well, we have her home. I am drying out her cage right now and she is on her java wood perch until we can get her old cage up. We will keep her in her old cage until she feels more comfortable with us. She was pretty stressed and I guess she got a bit aggressive when the owner tried to put her in the travel cage (I was moving her cage out so missed that part) :) We don't want to clip her, but her being flighted is going to be a challenge until she is comfortable with us...we will need to be extra careful. She immediately flew to the top of our cupboards to check everything out from a safe vantage next to our ceramic angry chicken :D. While she was there she took food from both myself and my partner. We finally got her to step up on one of her old perches and onto her java perch where she is now eating :) Here are some pics from her old home to her forever home. :heart: Alexandrines are so beautiful and regal looking.:eek: She is well on her way to stealing both of our hearts :hug8: The first two are from her old home and the rest are from here.
She is gorgeous!! I think it's a great sign that she is already eating on the stand! I'm sure she will come around.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
What a pretty thing! Love the pictures!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so happy that she is home safe:) What a pretty girl she is.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Congrats. I wish all of you many happy years together.

Ginger

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Here is a quick vid - I swear she was talking just before I brought the camera out:lol:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,what a little sweetie,you have to update your signature now too:)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shes gorgeous

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
aww congrats she is gorgeous. one thing you will find with alexandrines are they are extremely strong flyers i dont know to much about the females but the males are nuts lol they will do anything to make you laugh i think.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Aww,what a little sweetie,you have to update your signature now too:)
coming up ;)
Shes gorgeous
Thank you!
aww congrats she is gorgeous. one thing you will find with alexandrines are they are extremely strong flyers i dont know to much about the females but the males are nuts lol they will do anything to make you laugh i think.
She has already flown all over dining room, living room and office. She is a lot more comfortable than I would have thought and steps up even from above my head (most of the time) - she flew the first few times, but seems to step up now more than not. She is surprisingly good (on shoulders) and must feel comfortable on our shoulders because she is there grooming now... and has flown to my shoulder as much as she has stepped up on my finger.

I don't want to jinx it,:angel1: but she is coming along much easier than I had anticipated...maybe we are in the honeymoon period - but I was anticipating weeks of stick work and getting bit a few times getting her comfortable with stepping up. She is a little jumpy around the pups - which is interesting because there were two cats and a big dog in the house...and the litter box was next to Olive's cage. I can only guess the cats and dog were not as playful and rambunctious as Watson and Harriet. ;) She has gone to my partner's shoulder also so that is a great sign :dancing:

Attachments

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Awe, she looks so sweet. What a gorgeous girl and I bet a pleasure to have too. :) :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She is so sweet!

Matt

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul

Attachments

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,gosh I just cant get over how stunning she is.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Oh she is beautiful, congrats:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.