• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing Archie

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Ladies and Gents and without further adu. I am proud to introduce Archie. Archie was originally saved from dire straights by Gav before finding her perch with my flock. It was an adventure just going out to get her. A road trip that should have taken a week took nearly a month due mechanical failures and an awesome Seattlle-ite running a stop sign and causing my truck even more time in the repair bay. But now Archie is home and she is quickly winning everyone over (we are also winning her over) she has already become addicted to full head scratches, couch time, car rides and all the Ooh and Ahhs that happen at our local manatee spring/city park. She has already starting to play with new toys and insisting for reassurance by the only way she knows. Loudly. Even in the short time she has been home she has grown Leaps and Bounds from when I first met her.

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you have Macaws and this new cockatoo together? I hope you know that the cockatoo dust can lead a Macaw down the trail of respiratory distress and possibly fatal lung condition.

Archie is such a cute name. I used to read those comic books when I was a kid!

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Do you have Macaws and this new cockatoo together? I hope you know that the cockatoo dust can lead a Macaw down the trail of respiratory distress and possibly fatal lung condition.

Archie is such a cute name. I used to read those comic books when I was a kid!
They are in separate parts of the house and we also have an amazing air filter system in our house. You’d actually never know we are a multiple bird household.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! She's really pretty!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
i see orange on her pretty crest. What kind of cockatoo is she?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The biggest of the Cockatoo species. I hope things work out for you. I know they can be a challenge. If you need any advice call on @JLcribber

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Archie! :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow - Archie is gorgeous! 34 years young, and amazing! Congrats both of you.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations, she’s adorable!:heart:

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh you and I are pretty close to each other. I’m in Tampa. I thought your pics looked like familiar surroundings and then you mentioned the manatees and I knew you had to be from around here.

I have grown to adore TOOs I’d love to be able to care for one but I know with Kai’s demanding needs there is no way ever I could make it work. So I’ll adore yours from just down south of you. She is gorgeous and looks so happy and content already.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Welcome Archie!! :) What air filter do you have? Ive been interested in finding one.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Oh you and I are pretty close to each other. I’m in Tampa. I thought your pics looked like familiar surroundings and then you mentioned the manatees and I knew you had to be from around here.

I have grown to adore TOOs I’d love to be able to care for one but I know with Kai’s demanding needs there is no way ever I could make it work. So I’ll adore yours from just down south of you. She is gorgeous and looks so happy and content already.
We can have a feathered playdate. I am spoiled. I’m only about 6 miles from Three Sisters Spring. We were actually swimming with a few manatees yesterday in the spring. The water felt amazing. Nothing says Florida like swimming in February.

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
We can have a feathered playdate. I am spoiled. I’m only about 6 miles from Three Sisters Spring. We were actually swimming with a few manatees yesterday in the spring. The water felt amazing. Nothing says Florida like swimming in February.

Yup gotta love FLORIDA In Feb!!!! we went to the beach yesterday. Water way too cold for me but my kids got in. They also got quite the sunburn because two of them think they are too big to wear sunscreen like their mama said to. :naughty:

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Yup gotta love FLORIDA In Feb!!!! we went to the beach yesterday. Water way too cold for me but my kids got in. They also got quite the sunburn because two of them think they are too big to wear sunscreen like their mama said to. :naughty:
I have to be vigilant about sunscreen. I suffer from a sun allergy. I get a this rash/hive breakout if I’m not to careful. My daughter says it’s not an allergy it’s becaise I’m a vampire. Thankfully the breakout only happens between 1-3 times a year.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations on adding a new member to your family. Archie is very beautiful :)