• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Great find. There is another Jimmy vid too where he is on the floor messing around. I noticed this from Jimmy's owner:
Hi!! Sadly i sold Jimmy a while ago. I tried to keep him but they were just too loud in our small unit. It broke my heart! I have spoken to his new parents though and he has recently had two baby girls. Jimmy's feet were darker and he was all green as a baby. His feet went pale and he went yellow on his first molt. I'm told he looks the same today. He was just a gorgeous boy, such a beautiful nature.

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Do they know why Jimmy's feathers went yellow? I wonder what his environment was like? Diet, air quality, water, allergens, etc, etc? :huh:

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
How neat. Still the same ekkie face tho...just diff color :)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I too went and looked up Yellow Eclectus and ran across this

Feathers Turning Yellow - Eclectus Parrots Community

A different concern has developed with the widespread use of pellets for parrots. It seems that colored pellets consumed by Eclectus parrots, both companion birds and breeding birds, may dramatically affect the ability of the Eclectus to grow normally colored feathers after they molt. This does not seem to occur with all Eclectus all the time; it seems to occur most often with vosmaeri females and to affect their red feathers. The vosmaeri females will consume the colored pellets, and when they molt, the new feathers (which should be red) are yellow or red with yellow stripes. If the bird eats a lot of colored pellets, even the beak may turn yellow. This condition has appeared in aviaries across the U.S. When the colored pellets are removed from the diet, the bird's new feathers (when they molt again) generally come in colored correctly.

evsrin

I too went and looked up Yellow Eclectus and ran across this

Feathers Turning Yellow - Eclectus Parrots Community

Jimmy's owner had a female too and said she never changed any colors. Of course they were on the same diet, so wouldn't that rule diet out? He saide he was feeding them all kinds of fresh foods. Apparently Jimmy was vet checked and it was never found out why he turned yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.