• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Interesting tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Riley, our 8 month old pup, may have just had her behavior explained. Back in November/December-ish, we found a puppy under the jeep while we were at Wal mart. We brought her home, and have taken care of her since. We assumed Riley was a mutt because we could not find anything that looked quite like her, although i joked she resembled a dingo. Well, the neighbor where we are staying had her dog out, who happens to be a carolina dog, also called an American Dingo. She told us Riley is identical (minus her still slightly floppy ears) to her dog! We did some research to find pictures of identical dogs to Riley. We also found out that our free "mutt" is actually a thousand dollar dog. They have recently (in the last 30 years) been brought into domestic breeding programs and still maintain much of their wild behavior, which explains a lot. Just thought I'd share the Find of the Day! :)

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Wow ! thats soo exciting [:
Both breeds are beautiful ! I love guessing what breed a certain dog is.. i find it fun?

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Oh i love it. Piecing together the characteristics to figure it out and what not.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.