• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent INJURED PIGEON IN MAINE

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello everyone.

I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine who lives in Maine. She found a pigeon in her driveway with an injured eye, who seems unwilling or able to fly. It is very cold out, so I told her to go outside with a towel and then place him into a dog crate with towels and water.

Unfortunately, she has her 6 month old son, and is unable to make the one hour drive to the nearest wildlife rescue. She said the pigeon doesn't look native, but I haven't received a picture to verify and she is not a bird person.

Does anyone live in maine who can help? Or know someone who can? She is in old orchard beach.

Also, suggestions on treating eye injuries is much appreciated, it is something I have never had to deal with.

Thank you!!

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
I am a wildlife rehabber in Maine! I’m close and can pick it up tomorrow if needed. You can PM me, or contact Avian Haven (comes up on google and they transport animals). They are one of the best in the state.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am a wildlife rehabber in Maine! I’m close and can pick it up tomorrow if needed. You can PM me, or contact Avian Haven (comes up on google and they transport animals). They are one of the best in the state.
Here is a link: Avian Haven .

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I hope something can be done for this poor baby soon! Please keep us updated!

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you all for the response! She figured something out for the bird, and she is being cared for, but I will absolutely give her this information for the future!