• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Injured goldfinch

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
well i only yesterday noticed that my goldfinch has an injured leg. (i have been away for a few nights, so only just got back) there is a bit of dried up blood on the leg and around the feathers. I think she cut it or caught it on something. will it be ok? will it heal on its own? she seems to use it ok, and seems to be picking it, not sure if shes cleaning it up, or making it worse? i can post a photo if you want to see what it looks like.

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
It could get infected. A pic would be good.

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
Yes it could, maybe you should seach for what might have caused it?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't predict if it will heal on it's own but monitor closely and consider taking her to the vet. You can get some vetericyn wound and skin heal which can clean the area and help with the healing process. I use the hydrogel version.
Vetericyn® Wound & Skin Care HydroGel Spray

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Can't predict if it will heal on it's own but monitor closely and consider taking her to the vet. You can get some vetericyn wound and skin heal which can clean the area and help with the healing process. I use the hydrogel version.
Vetericyn® Wound & Skin Care HydroGel Spray
thanks guys, but she cleaned it up and is seems perfectly fine, it just looked bad because of the blood.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Yes it could, maybe you should seach for what might have caused it?
possibility it was one of the other birds, because she gets protective of food. looks like she caught or flew into something.