• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indie

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I forgot you couldn’t play videos did it work for you
Oh yeah stubborn as I am I kept at it last night. I had cleared my you tube cache...didn't work. Uninstalled then reinstalled app...didn't work, even though it had "apparently" upgraded it..
So, back to the drawing board, I cleared cache again. Nothing. I went into settimgs and manage content, and that told me I had to bring up chrome and clear cache there...still nothing, then I read on and it said to clear data in chrome. I did that and voila it worked. It was too late to type it all so I watched all the videos everyone had posted then went to bed.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_7748.jpeg IMG_7749.jpeg IMG_7750.jpeg IMG_7751.jpeg
Indie come out for a bath and a bit of a forage but still spends 80% of time in her cage even calling her she just comes out on her boing

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
She is absolutely adorable. I’m always so tempted to get a lovebird!!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She always looks so sweet and innocent in photos :roflmao:

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww, she's so cute! I love those little beeps she makes.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Just try not to get a female haha :rofl:
Oh god, there was one at the rescue who permanently had her beak open and anyone who walked within 6 feet of her cage would get the death lunge. She was pissed, poor baby!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh god, there was one at the rescue who permanently had her beak open and anyone who walked within 6 feet of her cage would get the death lunge. She was pissed, poor baby!
Yes that’s indie I filled her foraging toy and put new toys in her cage today which I have to do with hoodie over my hands she still got me
IMG_7804.jpeg

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Ouch! I see your bite!

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
She must be so lonely without Pico. :(
Does she interact with Pip and Remi at all?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
She must be so lonely without Pico. :(
Does she interact with Pip and Remi at all?
Nope not at all I’ve been looking for a lovebird but there non near me or aren’t good there’s was some babies but their dad and mum both plucked and had collars on
Local pet shop one lovebird lost its eye to a growth they aren’t selling any of them but massively put me off and I am not sure I want another just don’t know what to do I just don’t think she’s happy here anymore

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Don't do something you'll regret. Been there, done that. :(

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Indie played football with me today for first time since pico went I didn’t get pictures because I was in the moment with her she actually spend a bit longer out of her cage today foraging playing then attacked me again while changing her foraging cubes water food etc
She absolutely loves tops pellets gets them out of her cubes and eats them on her flat perch going for them over seed or nurtiberries she eating freeze dry fruit too so will definitely order veggies she if she eats help as she doesn’t touch veggies just throws them out of bowl
But even with cage door open still sends her time just sat here
IMG_7825.jpeg IMG_7826.jpeg IMG_7827.jpeg IMG_7828.jpeg
She must move a little bit as her new toys have a bit of destruction on and I’ve put them on other side of cage of purpose

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Just try not to get a female haha :rofl:
Some girls are super sweethearts! I promise!

That is sad to hear she is just sitting, though my Aldora is doing pretty much the same :shrug: Do I think she is happy with me? Not particularly, but I don't foresee her being happier elsewhere :(
Maybe they will bounce back a bit in time? We will just have to wait and see. I know Aldora has lost a bit of her fire, which is a shame.
Don't think that rehoming Indie will make her happier, we don't know that, and she might end up with someone who doesn't take as good care of her as you do.
I saw the biggest change in my little Adelies behaviour when (after some good time had passed) I rearranged her cage, removed some old toys and perches, put in new perches, a new nook platform thingy (hamster ramp) etc

I will say that Adelie did better quicker than Aldora because she has a "buddy" (Gis) though she doesn 't want a mate, I think she likes the company, so it is a shame you can't find another little lovie in need of a good home :(

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

That is sad to hear she is just sitting, though my Aldora is doing pretty much the same :shrug: Do I think she is happy with me? Not particularly, but I don't foresee her being happier elsewhere :(
Maybe they will bounce back a bit in time? We will just have to wait and see. I know Aldora has lost a bit of her fire, which is a shame.
Don't think that rehoming Indie will make her happier, we don't know that, and she might end up with someone who doesn't take as good care of her as you do.
I saw the biggest change in my little Adelies behaviour when (after some good time had passed) I rearranged her cage, removed some old toys and perches, put in new perches, a new nook platform thingy (hamster ramp) etc

I will say that Adelie did better quicker than Aldora because she has a "buddy" (Gis) though she doesn 't want a mate, I think she likes the company, so it is a shame you can't find another little lovie in need of a good home :(
I know some females will be sweet hearts and indie in her own way is a sweetheart

I haven’t got the heart to rehome her I know I know how to handle her and I couldn’t bare her bouncing from home to home because she’s not a cuddly bird or even a hand bird and is a feisty little cow at times have I thought about it yes when she full on attacking my hand but I know thats her just protecting her space

Ive rearranged her cage moved that perch even replaced it and that makes her worse she just sits in her food bowl and poops in it
added new toys for her gave her all her favourite things to shred which just adds to hormones but I don’t care as long as it helps her move which it does a little

I just hate to see her sat there

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann

I agree. There are loads of them just waiting....I sent her a link....