• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In the dark light can shine through...somehow.

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
As many of you know 10 days ago Toshi flew to the bridge leaving me shredded to say the least, it really doesn't feel like it's getting any easier. On that exact day though through some almost hauntingly...beautiful coincidence as Toshi's light flickered out, another flittered on.

Toshi's name meant 'Mirror Image' in Japanese...so the reverse effect of loss is life. So somehow in my muddled grief I feel like Toshi perhaps held on and exited this plain of existence when I could focus on another being as well.

So, Everybody meet 'Jellybean' as I've dubbed the little being for now. Who is doing healthy and well currently, weighed in at 13grams just a few days ago but I'm sure that's changed now. Momma (Opal) hates the bedding so I'm having issues with that so ignore the bare bottom, she just keeps kicking it out frustratingly.

However all I wish is for this 'Jellybean' to thrive.

28450025_2325227970836528_1461560521_n.jpg 28383499_2325227967503195_927675979_n.jpg 28512251_2325227977503194_739527194_n.jpg 28458742_2324445814248077_16966951_n.jpg

Last edited:

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Congrats on Jellybean. Very cute. Keep us updated.
Thank you and I will.

Life is precious...although no other bird can take Toshi's place - I hope this little one helps in healing your pain and sorrow.
Absolutely not. Someone I know called this chick 'Toshi 2' and I think the offence was written in my face. I could have almost cried as well but I pulled it together...this chick is its own being as Toshi was as well, nothing can take her place but maybe this one I will earn another uniquely special bond with, who knows. I can tell you I do love it already which is dangerous but I do.

I still miss Toshi, nothing will fix that but 'jellybean' is a welcomed addition to the flock.

Merovech

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michael
What an adorable bird. I hope you give it lots of love.

Considering my first bird was also named Jellybean, please also give it some extra love from me.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww, very sweet.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so awfully sorry for your loss of Toshi. It's been almost 16 years since I lost my Lucy, and I still miss her every day.

Jellybean is such a sweet cutie, and I can't wait to see more pics. You have captured some GREAT photos here! In the meantime, I pray that you will be able to deal with the loss. It is so emotionally wrenching, I know. :sad8:

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
What an adorable bird. I hope you give it lots of love.

Considering my first bird was also named Jellybean, please also give it some extra love from me.
Don't you worry it will be loved. ^W^
Jellybean is just a nickname atm, an affectionate term I use really but a beautiful name none the less. I am sure your Jellybean was loved immensely.

Awww, very sweet.
Thank you so much.

I'm so awfully sorry for your loss of Toshi. It's been almost 16 years since I lost my Lucy, and I still miss her every day.

Jellybean is such a sweet cutie, and I can't wait to see more pics. You have captured some GREAT photos here! In the meantime, I pray that you will be able to deal with the loss. It is so emotionally wrenching, I know. :sad8:
Thank you so much, it truly isn't easy. I feel less alone in missing her when I step into this forum I feel like you all loved Toshi without knowing her and it comforts me more than you know. My family don't see their worth . When truly no matter their size all living creatures can change your life. Toshi certainly changed mine, bringing birds into my life in general has. They make me feel secure, safe. I especially knew Toshi in particular loved me, and I hope she found comfort in my hands as I held her that morning.

They are all special in their own ways whether you knew them for 1 week or 10 years. Like your Lucy she sounds delightfully special from the little snippets in your signature. A true spark of light. <3

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my - those photos! I can't truly imagine what it must be like to be able to hold one of these beautiful birds in your hands when they are that small. All that personality and cuteness overload! Now I may have to go find a baby to hold (Of any species today!) Ha ha!!!

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
Update.

2 Weeks old today!

'I weigh 31 grams and I'm a YF, Spangle opaline.'

I'm already so in love with her, over the moon she's a spangle as well. It's my fave. Not long and I'll see your colors! What's everyone think?
Blue?
Grey?
Another?

28378251_2332353280123997_6760992265826148631_n (1).jpg 28279320_2332116830147642_6903482264163069012_n.jpg 28512373_2332172626808729_604868672_n.jpg

Last edited:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You have done very well raising her, she looks so content.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Just the cutest!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your photos are absolutely precious. I wonder if there is an afterlife for our birds?

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Beautiful precious baby photos. Just look at that personality already!

Susannah

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
Oh, what a precious bub...may you have many happy years with this wee mite...sorry for your loss of Toshi, it is never easy :(

Last edited: