• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Import Hawk Head needing good home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
We here in Michigan have an owner turn in Hawk who is in a foster home right now.
He was a breeder for many years and as such is not a pet.
He does not speak and will not allow you to pick him up.
He needs to go to a good home that understands birds dont need to talk or be touched to be of value. He has been fully vetted by Sue Orrs in Ohio and has a clean bill of health.
He is not bird aggressive but instead is afriad of all other birds. He has recently started plucking his shoulders and needs to go to a home where he can have a room to himself.
If you feel you may be the right home for him please contact me, there is no rehoming fee. But we do require a home inspection, a 3 yr vet reference, and proof of steady income. We can do home inspections in MI, Ohio, Indy and Ill. If you are in another state it might be possible for me to find a friend to do the inspection for us. (I have a huge network of bird friends...lol)

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
There is a fairly large number of HH owners here and some have many contacts who frequently browse the HH list. If anyone can find a home for him, it will likely be someone here. :)

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
Well thats why I posted here, hoping someone with HH's would be interested and whats better then someone who knows the species.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish I had the space to take him in :( I sure hope he finds a great home!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Have you talked to Tanya in Clio? She is a Hawkhead owner and has many rescue birds that need sanctuary also. You may have luck with her.

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
why would we transfer a bird from a foster to another rescue? the goal is to find a perm home for this bird. not bounce it around.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

why would we transfer a bird from a foster to another rescue? the goal is to find a perm home for this bird. not bounce it around.
Like I said, Tanya SANCTUARIES birds also. Since he is NOT tame, as you stated and plucking.

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
Well I'm sure a good home with a person who isn't inundated with birds coming and going is what we're looking for, he's been in foster care for about 6 months getting healthy under a real avian vets care and he needs a far less active home then I'm sure your friend can provide.

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
And once again...I'm sure everyone will agree with me. A bird does not need to be TAME to be a pet. People who really love birds understand a birds worth isn't based on how cute he is when you pet him.

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
The avian vets name in which you mention is probably Dr. Susan Orosz.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

That is true, not all birds do need to be tame to be pets. They can be accepted as they are with an experienced owner that can properly care for them. There is actually a Rehome Highway on this forum where you may have better luck adopting him out. There are not many members here from the areas you specified.
Thanks for helping a bird in need.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

The avian vets name in which you mention is probably Dr. Susan Orosz.
She has seen a few birds here, Tiki was one of them. I really liked her, but the drive to her office was insane on the days I could go. Now I use 2 more local to me that are avian.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I am so sad for the little HH
Lets try and find the baby a perfect home where he will be respected for what he is and understood for his sad little life.
If we can find this darling a home from AA that would be awesome.

Lets keep this thread focused on that, I am so sad for the little guy.
The more we get the word out, the more chance we have.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I am so sad for the little HH
Lets try and find the baby a perfect home where he will be respected for what he is and understood for his sad little life.
If we can find this darling a home from AA that would be awesome.
I completely agree. Let's hope someone on the AA can take a beautiful HH as a new companion in their home. He will have a big family here and a lot of company. :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I wish I could I hope that he finds a great home on AA

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have two of these little HHs and they can be upset easily. I agree with looking for a home with a quiet room and a new parront who understands his needs. It would be great if someone here on AA can take provide him what he needs.

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
I would also recommend someone that knows and has experience with HH's from what I know.

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
We have two of these little HHs and they can be upset easily. I agree with looking for a home with a quiet room and a new parront who understands his needs. It would be great if someone here on AA can take provide him what he needs.

Yes he does get upset easily, like I said he was a breeder for many years so he really didn't have alot of interaction. He is quiet and he's not a biter, he's just a watcher and a terrified flyer if you make a move for him. Because of his age his foster mom doesn't want to stress him and both she and I have placed many birds that made wonderful (just look at me and talk to me and feed me and love me from a distance birds)
Like I said we don't charge any rehome fee, all we want to make sure of is that the new owner will provide a good caring home.
He's only slightly slightly plucking his sholders he started doing it when a Mitred Conure moved into the home and was EXTREAMLY loud. The conure has been moved farther away and he's not plucking at this moment..but could again when he becomes stressed.
So all in all....a quiet new home with his own room or a room with another very quiet bird. Someone who hopefully has HH exp. and doesn't mind he's not tame. He's old and who knows how mnay years he has left, it would just be nice to let him live those out in peace.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They sure can be upset easily. cassius is the most aware/observant bird Ive ever seen. he can spot the tiniest thing out of place (a bug crawling on the ceiling will get noticed the second we enter a room, he hates them). I can only imagine this awareness is even more amplified in an import bird. I was up all night thinking about this fellow, I hope the right person will come along that can provide him security and freedom to be a bird.

It is very true, you dont have to handle a bird to provide it a good life. If I want already full (and had the ability to provide a separate secure environment), this would be the exact kind of bird I would look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.