• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I'm Thrilled! (:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Today we had two wonderful achievements with Grey Bird! :)

I was sitting in the living room earlier and Grey Bird said, "Head scratchin". He repeated this about 6 times before I went over to his cage. He seemed very calm, so I opened up his door and said, "Head scratchin?" and he put his head down, and let me scritch him. I did give him one little tiny scritch the first night he got here, but today, I REALLY scritched him! Like head massage scritching, LOL!

After I was done scritching him, I left his door open, and gave him the option of sitting on the outside of his cage if he wanted. I didn't really think he would, but thought it would be nice to give him the option. I went and sat back down in the living room, and was very surprised and happy to see him come out on his door! He didn't sit on the top of his open door, he just clung to the side of it. I thought this was amazing progress for a cage bound bird!

Grey Bird 3-21-15.jpg

However, he surprised me even more. After coming out on the side a few times, he TOTALLY CAME OUT and sat on the top of his cage! I was so beyond thrilled by this. He sat up there very happily for a few hours, preening and talking. He went very nicely back in his cage when I put his favorite treat in his treat dish. :)

Grey Bird 3-21-15 3.jpg

Grey Bird 3-21-15 2.jpg

Grey Bird 3-21-15 4.jpg

I feel like this is so much progress for one day, and I am so happy. :xflove:

bluedawg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary Murphy
Oh boy, that is amazing! You see how much happier he is with you :) I'm so happy you found each other.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow!!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:yahoo:That's enough progress for months in one day. He's really a softie. Poor guy locked up for 20 years. Glad you found each other

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
WoooooHooooo! Grey Bird! You ROCK!!

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Maddy the Bird Whisperer...... He knows you are a good person and he's already trusting you. These birds are sooooo smart, and Grey Bird is so lucky. I think you have to give him a real name now. Grey Bird can be his last name. All I can think of is Dobie Grey Bird (Dobie Gray wrote and sang the song Drift Away that goes "Give me the beat boy, and soothe my soul, I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away") and Zane Grey Bird (who wrote a million westerns).

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::heart::hug8:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Such great progress Maddy! So happy for you and Grey Bird. I agree with Cara...he knows you are a good person. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news for you and Grey Bird. Congratulations!! You're doing a wonderful job with him.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:Congratwav:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank you everybody, I am just so happy. Before getting him, I expected him not to talk or want anybody to be by him for weeks, months, even, but instead he has talked, wanted attention, asked for scritches, and came out of his cage. It makes my heart smile! :heart:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:yahoo:That's enough progress for months in one day. He's really a softie. Poor guy locked up for 20 years. Glad you found each other

I knowww! :dance2::dance1::dance2::dance1:

Grey Bird used to come with his old owner all the time, he became cage bound a few years ago. So thankfully, he wasn't locked in a cage for 20 years. Although the time he was in there is sad. :(

Maddy the Bird Whisperer...... He knows you are a good person and he's already trusting you. These birds are sooooo smart, and Grey Bird is so lucky. I think you have to give him a real name now. Grey Bird can be his last name. All I can think of is Dobie Grey Bird (Dobie Gray wrote and sang the song Drift Away that goes "Give me the beat boy, and soothe my soul, I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away") and Zane Grey Bird (who wrote a million westerns).

He really knows his name, so I m going to keep calling him Grey Bird. However, I gave him the official name of Greyson Carter. :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
:bliss:Excellent!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue