• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm getting a chihuahua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Thanks!!

My dream dog is a Norwegian Lundehund but I don't have the money for one now...as my future dog maybe...also this Chihuahua looks kind of like a miniature lundehund, lol, and he's super cute.

He's only got three teeth left and they're nasty so if I adopt him I'm getting them removed. I know lots of dogs with no teeth and their tongue hangs out the side, I find it really cute, but most people say they look drunk. Haha.

Our town always has these weird festival things downtown, and my work (I work at a pet grooming place) just did nail trims for half price and handed out treat bags, and we had a lucky draw and put some dog beds and stuff for sale out front. That was how I met Baby! (I think I'm going to change his name, btw. I like Pepito) I was giving some lady's dogs treats and i noticed she had a really cute little chihuahua in her purse. Then she said she was fostering him, and we gave him a nail trim for free. My boss is totally jealous of me now, she thought he was cute and said if I couldn't keep him at any time I could give him to her.

The most shocking thing of all was that my dad said yes. Lol I like phoned him right after I met Baby.

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Haley :hug8: Baby is wonderful! All of my life ~ since birth and I'm 53, there has been a Chihuahua in the household :) Senior dogs are so worthy and its sad that most just walk on by ~ thanks for not :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats! That is wonderful!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! He is very cute! Best of luck!

Matt

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh, Congrats! Chihuahuas are the smartest little dogs, its crazy how smart they are :)

My two are about nine years old (we thought ten, but it turns out they're only nine.) You wouldn't guess ours are more than five years old, especially Poppie. She still acts like she's a puppy! :D I swear she never stops running around and playing - she's insane!

We have a purse puppy, too! Puck loovvves riding around in mine, its so cute! I make him walk most of the time though, and then he'll hop in when he's tired :p

I'm really happy that you adopted this old guy! I'm sure you'll have many years together! :)

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Thanks!

They replied, I've got to do a phone interview, and then maybe a home visit later, and if I pass, I can adopt him!

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
:omg: He is the sweetest little boy. He sounds like a doll. My pom Toddykins is 5 pounds too, and my biggest joy in life is coming home from work and having him snuggle up under my chin when I stretch out on the sofa. So, when will you find out if you will get him? Old dogs need love too. Bless you. :hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Let us know when you know :)

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
Forgot to add, Haley, I love your siggy. THATS HARDCORE! :rofl::rofl:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, congrats! I can't wait to hear more about him!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thanks!!

My dream dog is a Norwegian Lundehund but I don't have the money for one now...as my future dog maybe...also this Chihuahua looks kind of like a miniature lundehund, lol, and he's super cute.

He's only got three teeth left and they're nasty so if I adopt him I'm getting them removed. I know lots of dogs with no teeth and their tongue hangs out the side, I find it really cute, but most people say they look drunk. Haha.

Our town always has these weird festival things downtown, and my work (I work at a pet grooming place) just did nail trims for half price and handed out treat bags, and we had a lucky draw and put some dog beds and stuff for sale out front. That was how I met Baby! (I think I'm going to change his name, btw. I like Pepito) I was giving some lady's dogs treats and i noticed she had a really cute little chihuahua in her purse. Then she said she was fostering him, and we gave him a nail trim for free. My boss is totally jealous of me now, she thought he was cute and said if I couldn't keep him at any time I could give him to her.

The most shocking thing of all was that my dad said yes. Lol I like phoned him right after I met Baby.

My Chihuahua Chico was also a senior rescue. We adopted him last year and guess he is about 10 years old (at least) and he only has three teeth too. I buy him the smallest kibble (Wee Bit by Solid Gold) and he does well on it. I tried feeding him canned thinking that would be good and easier for him, but it actually made it more difficult for him. Here is Chico:p See! No teeth!

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
^ Aww! So cute!

My interview is on Saturday. I really hope I can adopt him!

Also, my friend might adopt a chihuahua from the same rescue!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Quest

Real Name