• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If you have to choose a bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
I would say that Amazons are pretty fantastic. They are not high maintenance, They enjoy their people, they are really low key, they like to play with toys and are smart, can talk and learn. Oh and they aren't pluckers commonly. That alone is worth it.
I guess even after being bit (again this morning because Jacob was behind me) they are really quite easy.
Just sayin!!!:rolleyes:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I'm with you Cynthia! I'd have a whole houseful of zon's if I could.

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
I'd choose Toby, my CAG because I love
him with all my heart!:heart: But then I love
Turbo, Simon, Stevie, and Spike too.:chin::what::shrug3:

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Oh I love our CAG but the Amazon is easier. I am sure it is due to the CAG flying away today and my heart dropping. She is busy busy busy. Our 40 yr old zon is just...well, easier.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So would a Hahn's be a bird that's not really high maintenance too? a 'zon and a Hahn's are birds I'd love to own one day.

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
So would a Hahn's be a bird that's not really high maintenance too? a 'zon and a Hahn's are birds I'd love to own one day.
lol, we don't have one....yet. Never know in this house.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Our Hahn's is DEFINITELY a high maintenance bird. She needs attention 24/7. Very velcro-y. Adorable and soo loving and such a snuggler, but very needy. If she weren't so darn cute, I don't know what I'd do ;) I do believe Hahn's typically are much more prone to plucking than 'zons too. I know quite a few Hahn's that pluck.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Lovebirds for me:heart: They're feisty, cuddly, noisy, tiny, moody, comical, destrucive, adorable little bundles of feathers! Love, love, love 'em:heart:

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
These 3 can certainly be on their own and entertain themselves :)

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
lol, we don't have one....yet. Never know in this house.
If you ever get one, get two and send one my way! :o:

Our Hahn's is DEFINITELY a high maintenance bird. She needs attention 24/7. Very velcro-y. Adorable and soo loving and such a snuggler, but very needy. If she weren't so darn cute, I don't know what I'd do ;) I do believe Hahn's typically are much more prone to plucking than 'zons too. I know quite a few Hahn's that pluck.
Ah! I don't mind if they're high maintenance, it'd just mean I would get one or the other, it would more likely to be a Hahn's since they're my top dream bird. :)

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh gosh i don't know how i can even answer this question!! For me its not about the 'species' its about the individual bird.. So if this question was about the individual bird I'd answer Cookie right away, no problem. She's my special girl. though i love greys, obviously, and row will come home with me soon, i dont have the experience with them to know if they'd be the one bird I'd choose if i could only ever have one bird.. (one species..)

For me right now i think i'll say a conure, but really an amazon.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I would definitely say our mealie Apollo is very independent. He will play on his gyms or just look out the window for hours!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
amazon got one and have to say hes my life and dont know about other things you guys are talking about i cant move with out him he wants me close wont eat un less im there wont leave me alone hes a pest and a brat
if i do dishes he makes sure the silver ware is clean cause he tosses it on the floor to make sure its washed 2 or 3 times till dry and put away, donr make a sandwach and walk away hell be eating it for you and make sure the cover is on the butter cause hell get in to it , but let me go out and he wont move or touch a thing if im gone to long he flys to my chair in comp roomand sits waiting but as much as i have wanted a blue gold macaw ill keep Mango 1 is enough in a small place
anyone thinking of getting a yellow shoulder amazon do it you wont live to regret it they are special

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
amazon's all the way! They are my favorite species, then next would be tiels, conures and parrotlets. Sammy can be very independent and is most of the time but is very cuddly and calm a lot of the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.