• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Identification help?

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
20170603_092354.jpg
20170603_092313.jpg

20170603_092704.jpg

So this little one flew into the house (I blame Eros), getting into a right state and seems to have hurt his wing a little on the buglar bars. It isn't broken, seems just a little sore so I will put him outside once he's relaxed in a safe spot for a bit.

I am curious though to know what he is?

I'm guessing still a baby as there are a few bald spots but we have just gone into Winter so that throws me off a bit.

Wagtail? He bops his tail a lot

Area: KZN, South Africa

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I don't know anything about South Africa's birds but it reminded me of the shape of our bluebirds, which are in the thrush family. So I googled "thrushes of South Africa". Do any of them look familiar?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I just googled it and wagtails are also in the thrush family. Maybe we are onto something.:geek:

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
It is hard to see but he has orange by his tail which matches the type of Thrush we get here however they have bright orange chests (often mistaken for robins).

It looks a bit like the Cape Rock Thrush but the cape is on the other side of the country so I have no clue :lol:

Thank you for your help! @Laurie