• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

idea anyone?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My budgies have a balcony cage which they use only when the weather is good enough (we live in Norway, so far from every day...). When it is warm I like to spray them with a spray bottle, but I noticed Nova likes to go to the back of the cage where drops are still hanging on the bars, and rubs her head in.
She would probably love to have a plant in which she could do the same, but they seldom go down to the bottom of the cage and when I have tried to have a plant there, it would be covered in poop and die before the birds even approached it...
So, I would like to find something resembling a plant or a soft brush with long hair that I could hang from the top of the cage or the side, and wet when it is warm.
I was thinking of those silicone "hair balls" like these last ned.jpg but I don't want the birds to be able to eat it, so it would have to be of natural material and I don't know what to use... Idea anyone?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You could hang wet lettuce or parsley or something like that from the sides of the cage - they can bathe on it and eat it :)

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You could hang wet lettuce or parsley or something like that from the sides of the cage - they can bathe on it and eat it :)
The thing is, those don't like to be there and look pretty miserable after a short time, so the budgies don't want to eat them. They are not easy to satisfy... :depressed:
I also read something about parsley not being good to give to budgies?

I was thinking something "hair like" or maybe a living plant hanging from the outside of the cage but I'm not really good with plants, and I'm not sure which ones are OK for budgies, so I don't dare.

Last edited: