• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I want to get this cage for my tiel, but I think the bar spacing is too big??

Anna205

Strolling the yard
I am looking to get this cage for my soon to be tied. It is such a great cage at a great price, the only thing that's putting me off is the bar spacing..I fear it's slighty too wide. I can't get a link directly to it, but the bar spacing on the cage is 0.63"... If don't get this I will likely get the Liberta Oregon flight Bird Cage, which is a great cage too, but I of course would always be willing to go bigger :) Thanks so much to anyone who helps!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Not sure what 0.63 is,,, but for a tiel, 3/4 or less inch bar space is good, so no heads getting stuck..

Anna205

Strolling the yard
Not sure what 0.63 is,,, but for a tiel, 3/4 or less inch bar space is good, so no heads getting stuck..

Ahh, sorry. Just realised how that seem a little confusing haha. I know about how big the bar spacing should be, but I honestly didn't know how big 0.63" actually was. Thanks anyways lol

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
A fractional equivalent of 0.63 is 63/100. Not a bar spacing I am familiar with. Any mathematicians out there, can this be further reduced to something recognizable?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
0.63 inches is just over 1/2 inch (5/8) which is fine for a cockatiel.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Ahh, sorry. Just realised how that seem a little confusing haha. I know about how big the bar spacing should be, but I honestly didn't know how big 0.63" actually was. Thanks anyways lol
If you are in the United States, 0.63" is a little smaller than the diameter of a dime.