• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I still cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:hug8:

Kia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennylyn
Awe so sad. Sorry you miss your baby:hug8:

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Love is stronger than death. You choose to love again in honor and because of the unbreakable bond you and Yoda shared. May your new little one shelter in another space in your heart next to the one that is occupied by Yoda.

Ginger
Very well said :laughing12:

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Hey Nat you will be ok the memories hurt but are very much needed to move on that is what helps us be a better person if you can believe that as much as it hurts you have brought your heart to love another bird and bring it a new home. I think someday you will love another Conure because there are not like any other bird someday you will be guided to one that needs your love and wants to love you.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:hug8::hug8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd left us in 2009 as the end to a very crappy year for me. I miss him everyv day and it was so quiet in the house without him' it hurt. I cried and my family felt bad for me and missed him too so they got me another Maxie Pionus a few weeks after he was gone. I wasn't sure I wanted another bird like him either but it's been good for both of us as he's very slowly decided we're freinds. He hasn't replaced Nerd but he's my new friend and is very different but the same so it's been good. Hang in there, loosing a special soul and friend like that is hard but it slowly gets better and they're never truly gone as long as they are remebered.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I keep seeing this thread, I still cry too, every day.

I had my Saint Dirk for over 15 years, he was part of our family, he was our family. He moved on 14 months ago.

I have the two new shepherds now, my life was so hollow without a dog. I love the girls, they will never be like Saint Dirk, but they will be Izzy and Ellie, and they are our new family in this empty nest stage of our lives.

We do little things to make us feel like he is still in the family, we talk about him to the new dogs "Your brother would not like that." We have 4 shrines to him :) When we have his favorite food, I put a little bit beside his ashes, it makes us feel better. :heart:

Merlin

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Natalie
Thank you my friends. It's still baby steps, and grief can be triggered by the smallest memory. None of my memories are small though and combined they can be enough to ruin me for a day. Amazing how these creatures affect us so deeply. Sometimes personally, I can relate better and find better comfort in the company of my animals than with people.

Just wanted to add that when its too much to bare, I redecorate his grave with beautiful safe flowers and chew branches that I know he would have loved. I am sure he appreciates it <3

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Me too. My heart still bleeds and I beg Hank to come back every day. I hold his ashes box close to my heart and tell him how much we miss him and how much we want him back. It's a dreary, empty world.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I'm sorry, Natalie. I understand. :sadhug:

Status
Not open for further replies.