• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I stepped on my bird accidentally and now I don’t know what to do

NAevmiora

Checking out the neighborhood
I accidentally stepped on my birds head a few minutes earlier, thankfully he isn’t dead but he lost a few feathers from his head, he doesn’t trust me anymore, and he isn’t eating. hes sleeping more than usual and is very quiet since he would normally be very loud and playful. I’m so scared that I accidentally hurt him in a way and I can’t go to a vet today because all stores are closed today in my country.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry! Keep him in his cage or a small carrier to limit activity. Keep an eye on him to make sure he is eating and drinking. I'm not sure what else to suggest :(

NAevmiora

Checking out the neighborhood
ive been watching him and he seems normal, he’s back to being active and is activly doing his tricks and is eating well. Only thing throwing me off is how quieter he is, but overall I’m not seeing any bumps, limping, or anything else of that matter

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please do not allow your bird on the floor. Glad he has recovered.