• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Saw The Most Beautiful Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
I just saw Bella fly! :heart: This is the first time I have ever seen her fly!!!!! I can't believe how emotional this is, I am sitting her bawling like a baby!!! The only other bird in my house that I have ever seen fly is Ozzy and that was always when he was coming at me to attack :( Farfey can't fly she barbers her wings so bad she drops like a rock :( And Peg and Buttons are fairly new here so I haven't seen them yet. My beloved Wilma came with such a hack job on her wings they never grew back for 6 years, and the day they did she got out of the house. I am glad she got to fly and feel what I know Bella felt today. :heart:

ETA I can tell Bella was fledged properly. She did so wonderful! I can't wait for her to do it again!!!!

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
It's so amazing to see them fly, isn't it! That first one is so special, but it really doesn't get old ever. I could watch my guys fly forever:heart:

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
That's awesome! Seeing our fids in flight really is amazing huh? :heart:

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
It felt sooooooo healthy and amazing!!! I have never seen this, I would equate this to me seeing my Wilma fly for the first time in a safe environment. I am literally shocked how this has just changed everything over here and it did. No more clipping, not even Oz

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is beautiful to see a bird in flight!

Matt

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
She almost seems different now, in a good way :) I know this is going to be great! I think since I am definitely not used to a flighted bird(s) I am only keeping her and Peg flighted for now. They are the smallest and I want them to be able to get away from the larger birds if they need to do so. For whatever reason Peg has developed a very strong liking to Buttons and that makes me not feel so good.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
You go Bella, a bird in flight is awesome!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Sorry I am so excited. I just can't contain myself right now! I have NEVER experienced this, Bella is my first. I know this is the way it would of felt with Wilma, I know it.

This pic looks terrible, it is my camera! Bella is not dirty!! I just had to share what she is doing now...I think she is getting ready to go again! I have my cheesy camera ready!

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Yay Bella.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Absolutely fantastic!!!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
To say the least, Bella and I have been working on mastering her technique! She will now come to me if I tell her to fly!! She lands perfectly on my finger and she is so proud of herself!!! That little girl has my heart in a MAJOR way! I will get a video later today after the Ruby arrives! The Ruby will be here between 1 and 2PM today! I will make sure to get pics. :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awesome!! I am so happy for you and Bella!

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Aww I am so happy and elated for you. This how I would feel if Ella ever regains flight. I assume she was flighted previously and the way her feathers are coming in, she may be flighted by the end of the summer.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
WAY TO GO, Bella!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4:

It is just AWESOME to see them fly for the first time, isn't it?! I'm sooo excited and happy for you and Bella!!! :hug8:

My Ceddy came to me with a shocking clip (she'd drop like a rock) I missed her very first flight :( after they finally grew back (I only knew she'd flown properly 'cause she was sitting high up on the curtain rod whereas before she'd always end up on the floor) but I, too, cried, and we've never looked back. The difference in her since then is so amazing, it's actually hard to put into words.

Megan

Sitting on the front steps
Yay both of you. My rescue DYH, Chit Chat, that I'm trying to rehome, only flies once in a great while. He's really good at it. He knows just how to land, and has never done a real crash landing. I agree that it's good fledging when she was a baby. What a great thread! I love seeing my birds fly.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Thanks everyone! I was very surprised how emotional that was! I am so happy for Bella and she is doing great with her new freedom. She is mastering the house and can now fly in my bedroom to pick on me, lol. I must say, her attitude has changed for the better. Bella is a grumpy girl and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore! She is also now starting to talk, she is repeating what I am saying. What a difference!! Yes, she will always be flighted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.