1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I put Jackson in oxygen

Discussion in 'Healthy Highway' started by saroj12, 3/14/19.

1. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Just remember to STAY CALM when you get there. They feed off our emotions.

2. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    Aw Jackson! God's Blessings for you little buddy! Boy... they keep you on your toes!

faislaq likes this.
  3. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    Feel better Jackson!!
    :sadhug2:

faislaq likes this.
  4. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    You are doing ok. Administer the meds as soon as you get home and relax.

5. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    It’s okay, you are doing a good job, and you’ll just have to administer the rest of the meds like instructed. It’s okay that you missed one.
    :hug8:

Sarahmoluccan, faislaq and Clueless like this.
  6. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I totally understand how she feels though. I once forgot a heart meds dose for one of my dogs. I was an absolute 100% wreck.

7. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

It's ok @saroj12 , just continue the meds as prescribed, if you miss a dose,,like we all have, it will be ok,,hope hes feeling better :hug8:

8. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    Thanks for all the supportive comments folks. He just had his drop of sulfatrim and is preening on top of his cage! I called the vet about the breathing and she said to continue with the sulfatrim but give it in subdoses in case he’s aspirating

9. enigma731

enigma731 Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

I doubt he's aspirating but I do wonder if he might have multiple things going on. I don't want to scare you but I just lost a bird who turned out to have both e coli and asper. When we started getting the e coli under control, the asper took over and caused a pneumonia that killed her. All you can do is follow the treatment protocol and offer the best supportive care possible. So basically what you're already doing.

10. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    Oh no I am so sorry you lost her.:(

Sarahmoluccan and faislaq like this.
  11. enigma731

She was very sick from the moment I adopted her until the moment we made the decision to let her go. But I think she still had a good 6 months with me and I'm glad for that.

12. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    @saroj12 I'm so glad you had the O2 compressor and that he's feeling better.
    Thank you for giving her that. :bluhug: All you can do is all you can do.

13. enigma731

Yes, and I knew the stakes when I adopted her. I chose to adopt her because I didn't want the rescue to be paying for her medical costs, and I wanted her to die in a forever home if she didn't make it. It was a privilege.

Anyway, my point is not to hijack but to say keep an eye on the breathing. Most likely it was a reaction to stress or just feeling unwell since it stopped so rapidly, but immunocompromised birds CAN have multiple things wrong.

14. saroj12

saroj
    Sarahmoluccan and faislaq like this.
  15. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Diane
    I hope everything will be okay. You are such a great bird mom, @saroj12

Sarahmoluccan, saroj12 and faislaq like this.
  16. Snowghost

Snowghost Meeting neighbors

Terri
    I don't know what is wrong with your bird, I missed some of the thread? I just lost my baby yesterday, had her for 25 years. @enigma731 you are too sweet to give an ill bird a forever home. It still amazes me how a bundle of feathers can trap our hearts in so much love.

17. enigma731

@saroj12 @Snowghost All of my birds are special needs. I figure it's the least I can do with my medical background, plus each special needs baby teaches me more skills for the next. They absolutely do make a huge impact, every single one of them.

18. saroj12

saroj
    Jackson quaker parrot is 26. A holistic vet told me 15 is a good ripe age for a captive quaker. He has an overgrowth of e coli in his gut so we are treating with sulfatrim. this morning he was having open mouth breathing with groaning. One reason also might be he was woken up two hours too early so I could collect a poop sample to culture from another bird's morning bomb while it was fresh. I'm sorry you lost your baby :(
    you are an angel for taking on special needs birds.

19. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    How is Jackson doing today?

20. saroj12

saroj
    Awesome! Pigging out on Harrison’s birdie bread

6328A874-FEA5-4823-BEC7-2386C2FA63F4.jpeg

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)