• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need to give my Conure to a trustworthy human being who cares

Nikorice

Meeting neighbors
I would like to give my yellow sided green cheek conure away. I’m very sad to do this but i have realized that i have severe depression and anxiety and was recently officially just diagnosed with ADHD as well. I had to take a step back and realize that a person who is unfit to take care of themselves properly is selfish for keeping a beautiful animal with them, and i know that his quality of life will improve elsewhere as I have to educate myself to pursue my dream of changing the world! I will be seeking medical attention and schooling and will not have any time to continue to care for and bond with him and thats not fair at all. I’m so grateful that i got to know and experience him because he helped me through my depression and taught me a lot about myself. even though people may not be able to communicate verbally, there are other ways you can go about realizing that someone is hurting, and i just want to heal others and myself. including animals. My life starts here. Im just so sad to let him go but i know its for the best so I’m okay with it :)
i will be giving him away for $1200 as i'm desperate to have him be with someone better but im in a bit of a financial situation so im sorry to ask for $1200 for his large flight cage, and himself please. ❤ that $1200 will go towards starting my business and making my dreams a realitythank you so much for the time you’ve spent reading this. I will email photos of his cage/himself and give more detailed information about my situation. I would like to have better communication.
haha does anyone else like to come up with little rhymes sometimes? i do that all the time

also, he is a huge sweetheart. he does NOT bite, (a little ham handed but his beak is like a hand for him, he just needs to feel things first to be comfortable) he is trained well. this isn’t anything that can’t be fixed, I’ve noticed that he is curious and willing to cooperate! he can speak and wave and he steps up and is a fast learner and he’s my best friend i would feel much more comfortable give him to a person who is older than 50. Those who are older have been through and genuinely experienced more in life and i want to give him the best quality of care, i dont have any friends or family at all and if i did i wouldn’t be here having this lil rant but thank you for your time reading this.
email: briannamichellepolanco@gmail.com
price for everything: $1200 (negotiable because i genuinley just want to get him to someone who is responsible) and COVID has made a lot of people struggle with their lives :(

also i dont like to cut his wings so i let him fly around my home and outside when i take him places with me. he has never tried to fly away from me before and instead of getting a harness i wanted to learn how to create one with my mind. by bonding with him i knew it was possible to let him be free. he is a bird and they deserve to have their wings ❤please take the same precautions that i did and do not let him fly in areas where there are birds of prey that like to hang out

Nikorice

Meeting neighbors
i mentioned that i wanted to give him to somebody older but everybody is different so please disregard that. i just love him so much and want him to have the best care because he deserves it. please understand ❤

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hi:
I am glad you are making the decision to take care of your health and well being.
it may be easier to find the right home for your conure if you post a few basics:
1. How old is your bird?
2. What state and area do you live in?
3. What kind of cage is it?
4. What size is the cage?
5. Has the vet seen your bird recently? Any health concerns?

Good luck and take care.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
As someone who wasn't diagnosed with ADHD and depression until my 20s after a complete nervous breakdown in graduate school, just wanted to wish you and your bird the best. It is brave and very important (especially for someone with ADHD-- we can get locked into toxic optimism and think "next time/this time it won't happen") to ask for help when you can't do something.

I have two birds now, have moved out, and work full-time-- ten or even five years ago that level of functionality would have seemed unreachable. Wishing you the best of luck as you get to know and love yourself :heart: I hope someone here or near you is able to give a good home to your birds.

(maybe don't put your email as-is into your post though, because bots... either PM it or disguise it somehow)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
@Nikorice please read and sign….