1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

I need help.

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Axie Atienza, 5/27/18.

1. Axie Atienza

Axie Atienza Meeting neighbors

Hey Everyone. As you may all know, Froyo died from being sick. I’m scared that Fruity might also have that sickness so I’m doing my best to prevent it. I got some medicine for him to take and I’m not sure if he’s drinking it. The vet told me to put the medicine in his water bowl once a day every seven days. I need to make sure he drinks it but it seems not to be working.. Today, I saw Fruity on the floor and not on his perch, he didn’t want to go to his perch and didn’t want to step up on my finger.. I find this really weird and I need some help.

Attached Files:

Peachfaced and Wasabisaurus like this.
  2. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mother Monster
    Ask the vet if you can give him the medicine via syringe. I have heard that people have given their sick birds Pedialyte for hydration. Ask the vet about it. I hope she improves.

Peachfaced likes this.
  3. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    Oh no, I hope Fruity will be ok!
    I think this may get more responses in the bird emergency forums.

Maybe a mod can help with that
    @Macawnutz , @expressmailtome ?

Peachfaced and Wasabisaurus like this.
  4. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I’m sorry to hear that Fruity may be ill, and I hope Your bird will be okay. Many birds don’t like to drink water with meds in it, and I would also ask your vet if you can administer the meds with a syringe.

5. BirdManDan

BirdManDan Jogging around the block Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Dan
    I hope Fruity will be okay. You might need to use a syringe first with a low sugar fruit juice then the medicine then more fruit juice. This is why I feel it is so important to train your bird to take juice periodically from a syringe so that if and when the need arises that meds are needed they are accustomed to get it this way. I always give them juice right after the medicine.
    5937868674_8397bdb3a5.jpg bird-taking-syringe-min.jpg

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)