• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I miss my bird that I gave away to pet store

aditi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Aditi
So I had 2 birds one of which got 2 years with me whose name was koko.They were very naughty and all my house use to get dirty and they tore all the wallpaper which was acceptable but koko used to hurt one female bird and made her bled it got difficult for me to take care and keep an eye all the time also my mom uses to scream on them and on me so yesterday I got really angry and in hurry I got rid of 2 naughty birds including koko and left only 2 with me, now I feel like crying I miss koko he used to sit on my hand and play, made noices all the time and my dad loved it I miss him so much I went back to take him but someone took him i cannot find their number even. What do I do. I feel like crying over it all day. I feel what if someone is hurting him what if he flew away because he was very fond of flying, what if they don't get him out, what if he's happy, what if he is cold. I just think about him and feeling really depressed I miss him so much. What do I do. It feels like after breakup. Please suggest me something and help me

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. If you truly think your decision was impulsive and you want to see if you can undo this, then visit the pet store and try to track down the new owner. Speak to them to see if they would give/sell Koko back to you. But if you think that this bird was just too difficult to care for and wasn't getting along with your other birds, then maybe it's all for the best. I think many of us have had this bad feeling that you are writing about. We've given up birds and worried about their future. Many birds have multiple homes and they adjust. Another idea is maybe the pet store will release the new owner's name (or tell them your name) and you could keep in touch with them to hear how Koko is doing.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
I am so sorry for your loss but also know that you acted on what you thought was best for the birds. It is likely that the person who now has him fell in love with him and is spoiling your bird like you would want him to be spoiled. You indicated that you still have two birds to take care of. Try to focus your extra time and attention to giving them the best you can. It sounds like your household was a bit overwhelmed and maybe they can now settle in and truly enjoy the other two instead of regretting the ownership. It is very hard to let go of animals that are dear to your heart but have faith that they are more than likely doing just fine. Please tell us about the two birds you still have... we would love to hear about them as well.

aditi

Real Name
Aditi
I tried tracking him down but the pet store guy said he don't have any number of the new owner and payment was done through cash so i cannot connect with them anyway even if I try. I said if they return to buy bird food please let me know and ask for their number but the guy was not caring about it much and said he don't remember faces of everyone who visit. So he can't help. Well my heart aches because koko was different - he had a habit of getting under sheets, opening cages by his own, he suffocated if he don't get out of cage for more than two days but all when he's happy, if he sit quietly he's not feeling comfortable and like home. I wish I can track him but it's embaressing too visiting the pet store when he said he can't help. Don't know what to do. About 2 birds I have their name is Poko (make) and White (female). White sleeps most of the time and poko is just like koko but innocent naughty so he is getting bored with her. She doesn't play with him but koko did. But he's fine.

aditi

Real Name
Aditi
Thankyou for your replies I'm new here i didn't expect a reply. It made me feel better as someone is there to listen otherwise when I share this story, people think it's silly to miss a bird. It's just a bird!!!! Hence ty for ur replies hoping for more.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Thankyou for your replies I'm new here i didn't expect a reply. It made me feel better as someone is there to listen otherwise when I share this story, people think it's silly to miss a bird. It's just a bird!!!! Hence ty for ur replies hoping for more.
Humans are social, loving creatures, and it is normal for us to feel strong emotions-- even about things that aren't alive (the house we grew up in, a familiar car that breaks down, a beloved toy)! It is very normal to feel so strongly about another living being, no matter how small. Koko sounds brave and outgoing, so hopefully he is happy in his new home. I'm sorry this happened in a stressful moment, but you may find it easier to focus your attention and care on only two birds. I hope you hear some good news about Koko, but if not, try not to carry the stress in your heart. You still have two creatures that need love.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I did the same thing when I was around your age because my step dad made me stop letting my BeeBee parrot Ralph out. I snuck him out finally and he was so upset that he attacked me. I got mad and with my step dad encouraging me the whole time I sold him back to the pet store I got him from. He hurt my feelings and step dad didn't like him anyway so it went down. Afterwards I felt really bad but it was too late and to this day I still wish I had calmed down and kept him. My mom never forgave him either for encouraging me. I'm sorry this happened and remember to stop and think about things and talk to people before you take a permanent step you may regret later.
:bluhug: