• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have some news....

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww..you guys are wonderful with your kind words and encouragement! I know Brigid appreciates them as much as I do! Thank you so very much. I feel like I can take a few good breaths and relax a bit through this difficult time. :hug9:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is very kind of you Brigid. Judy must feel more at ease knowing that they have such a wonderful home.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
You might want to consider keeping the amazon girls and your amazon boy in separate rooms. My 8 year old male nape turns into a raging maniac if there is a female amazon in sight. I'm about to move him to my bedroom so he can come out more without me bleeding so much. It definitely seems to be the presence of a female amazon that pushes him over the edge. Even if the female is on the other side of the room, he will fly to them and then vigorously defend his "new" territory. Hopefully you won't have so much of a problem if your boy is well past puberty and not previously bonded with a female.

It was very nice of you to step up and help out a fellow bird owner. I'm sure this is very hard for Judy. Having another good bird owner to turn to must be a relief.
Melissa, I'm not sure if Max is male or female. S(He) has never been sexed. I'm very curious to see how he will react to having the girls here. I am hopeful that it will be positive all across the board. I know there will be some adjustments to be made, but there is no way to keep them in separate rooms. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
sometimes you can take a good guess with amazons by looking at head shape (when relaxed).
flat is boy, rounded is girl.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
You are amazing! Around where I live, I am the one who takes animals if the situation arises. What a wonderful thing you are doing for her and those girls! Sending prayers to Judy & to you!:hug4:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks for taking in the zon girls for Judy. It will make dealing with her illness and finding the needed help easier. Knowing the precious girls are safe, loved, and spoiled will take a tremendous load off of her mentally and physically.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Sending out love and prayers to both of you and your flocks of course! I really hope things go well and that Judy you find some relief from all the pain and everything your going through. Please keep us updated when you can. :grouphug: :heart2:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Just now reading /seeing this thread. Just read the entire thing, every post. @Brigidt36 & @ncGreyBirdLady thank you both so much for taking Judy's babies in & giving them loving caring homes. I am so so thankful & happy we have this sweet group of friends on here. I only have one amazon so I can't weigh in on having 2 or more, but praying it all works out! I can't wait to hear more about Izzy & Mia.

Glad Sterling has settled in so well! @Greycloud I have known you on AA or elsewhere at least 10 years maybe, & you are so sweet. You are doing the right thing for your babies, I know how hard it is & sickening to give up your babies. I have had to give up 1 & have 2 more to give up. Being chronically sick really sucks & although I don't have illnesses like yours, I do have Graves Disease & Ehlers-Danlos syndrome & I can kind of relate. Everything you do is exhausting, even brushing your hair. (Reason why mine is short). Praying for all involved.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just now reading /seeing this thread. Just read the entire thing, every post. @Brigidt36 & @ncGreyBirdLady thank you both so much for taking Judy's babies in & giving them loving caring homes. I am so so thankful & happy we have this sweet group of friends on here. I only have one amazon so I can't weigh in on having 2 or more, but praying it all works out! I can't wait to hear more about Izzy & Mia.

Glad Sterling has settled in so well! @Greycloud I have known you on AA or elsewhere at least 10 years maybe, & you are so sweet. You are doing the right thing for your babies, I know how hard it is & sickening to give up your babies. I have had to give up 1 & have 2 more to give up. Being chronically sick really sucks & although I don't have illnesses like yours, I do have Graves Disease & Ehlers-Danlos syndrome & I can kind of relate. Everything you do is exhausting, even brushing your hair. (Reason why mine is short). Praying for all involved.

Thank you everyone and Victoria!