• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have fallen in love with a pig~~

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe

mini piggie.jpg My latest obsession are mini piggies:rolleyes:.oh my! they are just THE most precious littles creatures~
  • :xflove:~~naturally, since I live in an apt., I'm not thinking about getting one...JUST YET~~I've been looking around and checking out houses for rent. If I find a house with a nice yard and extra rooms, I would consider adopting one. Any piggie experts with suggestions regarding there needs and lifestyle? I'm super curious to here your experiences....:).

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
cute!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I love pigs too! I don't know much about them as pets- other than they're super smart. We've casually talked about getting one too but it never got to the point of seriously looking into it yet or doing research on them.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I read they get to be about 25-50lbs when full grown!! that doesnt sound to mini to me..:confused:. & live up to 20yrs~~~my boxer is 65lbs., so I guess they dont stay mini very long...??? I'm gonna do some research..I let you know what I find out girls;).

Parrot Examiner

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Beth Ralston
I had a friend who had a pot-bellied pig as a pet. He acted just like a dog, except he didn't jump on people lol
I don't really know much about them as pets. I know they can be housebroken though!

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
I love pigs. My BF's neighbour has a pig and a chihuahua. The pig thinks he's a dog and acts very dog like, going on off-leash walks with the chi. :laugh:

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
Many breeders will call their pigs "mini" or "teacup" when in fact they can actually get quite large. They are pot bellied pigs that can grow upwards to 100-150 pounds.

That being said, they can be really great pets who are clean and smart.

I've never owned one, but I know a major issues people have with them is they overfeed and under exercise them causing them to be extremely overweight.

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Many breeders will call their pigs "mini" or "teacup" when in fact they can actually get quite large. They are pot bellied pigs that can grow upwards to 100-150 pounds.

That being said, they can be really great pets who are clean and smart.

I've never owned one, but I know a major issues people have with them is they overfeed and under exercise them causing them to be extremely overweight.
yes, so so so so true. The neighbour's pig was supposed to be a "tea cup." Well, he did not stay that way, he is absolutely HUGE!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I was just a little worried that you might have meant :xflove: the two legged kind ... :facepalm:

then I saw it was under Farm Crossing

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
And thats what I'm afraid of....100 lb pig!!:wideyed:!
gotta admit though, they sure are cute small.....

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Adorable! I am in love with baby goats, especially the miniature ones!