• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a big fat secret......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I understand that this could be a huge childish thing..which I hope it is.....

Iluvsunconure---

Do you randomly bite your parents causing your parents to go to the Emergency room?? Scream all the time, like when your parents are on the phone or during a movie? Bite your parents hand when they hand you a treat? Throw a HUGE temper tantrum if you dont get what you want? Do you throw food on the walls and floor? Do you poop in random places? Do you actively go on a seek and destroy mission and damage furniture and want to HARM other pets in the house? These and so much more are COMMON cockatoo traits. Most BIRD people cannot even handle a cockatoos natural behavior. Your just a kid, so young, why do you think you can handle all of this when most people cant?

I, when I was a youngen, wanted a cockatoo. I have wanted one since I was 4! And I am so glad I didnt get one when I was just starting my teenage years and just hitting puberty and hormones.
I do most of those things, but I don't poop in random places.. LOL.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I understand that this could be a huge childish thing..which I hope it is.....

Iluvsunconure---

Do you randomly bite your parents causing your parents to go to the Emergency room?? Scream all the time, like when your parents are on the phone or during a movie? Bite your parents hand when they hand you a treat? Throw a HUGE temper tantrum if you dont get what you want? Do you throw food on the walls and floor? Do you poop in random places? Do you actively go on a seek and destroy mission and damage furniture and want to HARM other pets in the house? These and so much more are COMMON cockatoo traits. Most BIRD people cannot even handle a cockatoos natural behavior. Your just a kid, so young, why do you think you can handle all of this when most people cant?

I, when I was a youngen, wanted a cockatoo. I have wanted one since I was 4! And I am so glad I didnt get one when I was just starting my teenage years and just hitting puberty and hormones.

Edit: sorry didnt see your post

you did a great job at explaining my BF! LOL (Except the pooping part)

but on a serious note, you've hit the nail on the head

I couldn't handle the Too's I fostered destroying my home, they weren't loud in general, just a few times a day, and as long as I did not have a migraine at the time I was fine with it, BUT their beaks also scared the living crap out of me! I never handled them, left that to my b/f I just fed, watered them, cleaned the cage (when they were out) Gave them toys, and did a whole lot of talking to them from afar ! But I just couldn't handle the beaks - I'd only had birds for 1 1/2 yr s or so then. But even now Being i'm used to being around them they still scare me! and I still won't own one as long as I rent! except maybe the smaller Toos' Like Goffins and the other one that the name just slipped my mind - I do know it - researched them both just not a common Too' so i have trouble remembering its name. but their beaks are MUCH smaller and I think they'd be a better Too' For me to start out with. and to be even more honest I'd still have the 2 I had fostered if I did not rent, That is really the only reason I didn't enjoy them eating me out of house and home instead of playing with all the awesome chewable toys they had lol ,its just the simple fact I rent the house is not actually MINE so i'd like to keep it in the same condition I came into it (or at least the best I can, of course normal ware and tear doesn't count)

but one day I'm sure I'll have another one, but I will be starting out with the smaller ones - i know in general they are all the same - but for me it's a beak thing! I need to get used to the beak and move up gradually to a bigger a beak :D

oh and by the way I'm 34 yrs old and I COULD NOT HANDLE THEM!

JenG78

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen

Ray?

It honestly seems you keep posting things to stir people up? If so, I am beginning to be wholly concerned. This seems to happen so often that it looks like a pattern of behaviour.
Which was my feeling in response to this too... since this isn't the first thread like this from you that we've seen.

I know that it's fun to want all of these birds, but posting that you are getting one of these bigger birds, at your age, and unweaned at that... it makes everyone's alarm bells go off.

As many of us have said in response to the many threads like this you've posted previously - instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on the two parrots you do have and making their lives as awesome as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.