• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I gave in~~

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Nino kitty.jpg Just what I needed~~my co-worker Julie brings in a box with her this morning with
a kitten she found on the road...lil thing can't be more that 4ks old. I asked her what
she plained to do with the baby. She said if no one in the office takes it, I'm gonna
drop it off in Animal services!!!:arghh:...I explained to her that that is a kill shelter and
that there are other non-kill shelters she can take it to or offer it to someone on
CL etc...her response was that she didnt have time for that, after all she already
saved it's life...ok. I'll take it...so I did. Tomorrow I'm taking it my vet and he will exam the
lil baby...awww~~~ I'm not sure if I will be keeping him/her but I will vet it and keep it
until I can fix him/her and give em feline vaccines.. Problem is I know myself, I'll probably
fall in love :xflove:..we gave it water, and watered down tuna...I couldnt belive how thirsty
and hungry the lil tyke is...It's been SOOOO long since I've had a kitty since my Mio passed
that I need some tips from all you feline lovers...:) BTW: I DO know its way too young
to be away from it's mom, but it's too late for that:(

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
OH Lupe... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you for saving him

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
He's so adorable!

Kittens are just so much fun! :heart:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
so cute!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am going to say closer to 6 weeks eyes are wide open. I bet you can start kitten food with warm water and or milk replacer by now. I have bottle fed lots of baby orphaned kittens. I love to bottle feed those little boogers. :heart:

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I am going to say closer to 6 weeks eyes are wide open. I bet you can start kitten food with warm water and or milk replacer by now. I have bottle fed lots of baby orphaned kittens. I love to bottle feed those little boogers. :heart:
Oh! great...closer to 6wks is much better..ok, I'll take your advice Claire..thanks:)
All I have done is keep in my shirt practictly all day...:heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh! great...closer to 6wks is much better..ok, I'll take your advice Claire..thanks:)
All I have done is keep in my shirt practictly all day...:heart:
Kittens closer to 4 weeks still have those ears that appear folded down still those are up and alert with big eyes. You can buy some kitten chow and moisten it with warm water and mush it up. I am sure that will do the trick :) That baby looks beyond needing to be bottle fed.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Kittens closer to 4 weeks still have those ears that appear folded down still those are up and alert with big eyes. You can buy some kitten chow and moisten it with warm water and mush it up. I am sure that will do the trick :) That baby looks beyond needing to be bottle fed.
Excellent!! good to hear....ayayai...another reason to get up in the morning:xflove:..:heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Kittens are awesome! :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awww what a little cutie....and yup, too late, you are in love.

TazzManiandevil

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lily
awwwwwwwwwwwww, just a few months ago my Sassy was a little tiny kitten... They grow too fast :( Although I do love her more now that she is bigger and can really cuddle in my arms at night when we go to bed. I love cats so much! :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have not had a kitten in 10 yrs since Abby was a tiny baby. I know it is hard to resist the babies but knowing that I need to rescue the next kitty being an older one I will do that. :)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
View attachment 160053 Just what I needed~~my co-worker Julie brings in a box with her this morning with
a kitten she found on the road...lil thing can't be more that 4ks old. I asked her what
she plained to do with the baby. She said if no one in the office takes it, I'm gonna
drop it off in Animal services!!!:arghh:...I explained to her that that is a kill shelter and
that there are other non-kill shelters she can take it to or offer it to someone on
CL etc...her response was that she didnt have time for that, after all she already
saved it's life...ok. I'll take it...so I did. Tomorrow I'm taking it my vet and he will exam the
lil baby...awww~~~ I'm not sure if I will be keeping him/her but I will vet it and keep it
until I can fix him/her and give em feline vaccines.. Problem is I know myself, I'll probably
fall in love :xflove:..we gave it water, and watered down tuna...I couldnt belive how thirsty
and hungry the lil tyke is...It's been SOOOO long since I've had a kitty since my Mio passed
that I need some tips from all you feline lovers...:) BTW: I DO know its way too young
to be away from it's mom, but it's too late for that:(
You're so sweet to take him. You can decide later a permanent home, but you saved its life for sure. :heart:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bless you, girl!

Our pet sitter told us of a cat needing a home, but Sushi's loss is just too fresh in our minds and hearts. I know Chris will come up with a good home for kitty.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cute kitty.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe

I am very sad today. Kitty passed last night. I found him curled up this
morning breathless.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Now that is shocking! I am wondering if the Tuna did anything to him? I know that Tuna should not really be given to cats. Damn that sucks I am so sorry for you. :(

TazzManiandevil

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lily
Oh nooo :( :(

I had gotten a homeless kitten 3 years ago and he passed away a day after I had him too. It is the saddest thing ever. I had to ask my mom to hold him and put him in a shoe box because I just couldn't do it, and even my mom was bawling her eyes out while doing it. Its heartbreaking... I am so sorry Lupe. :sadhug2: