• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I FINALLY got my new baby Eclectus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamImbrogno

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tamara
After alot of issues with multiple breeders, I finally found a good one and we brought home our new baby on Saturday! I believe she is an SI female and I could not be more estatic! She is just the sweetest ever! Her name is Jules (as thats what they called her where I got her and she got used to it already) and she is approx 6mths old I would say! Now my only question is what kinds of toys do they enjoy the most? I am trying to get her things she will use, but lol I am a bit lost on that matter! Anyway I was just excited and HAD to post about her lol! :dance4:

Attachments

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
she is beautiful.I'm sure other ekkie owners will come along soon.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats! Jules is beautiful!:heart:

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
She is gorgeous! I can't wait to hear all about her :heart:

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Very nice looking girl. You may want to ask the breeder her subspecies, hatch date and any other questions you have about her now because it's not uncommon for breeders to go out of business and become difficult to track down.

In addition to lightweight toys that are easy for her to pick up with her feet and beaks, I suggest you teach her to chew wood. Provide her with at least one soft wood perch. You can make one from a branch from a tree or even a piece of 2x2 or 2x4 from the lumber yard. Girl ekkies need to chew. It will keep her busy over the years.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! She is very pretty!

Matt

TamImbrogno

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tamara
They said she is an SI, so I am assuming thats correct! Her hatch date is written down somewhere in the paperwork I got lol! I will definately be getting her the perch and chew toys! Thanks so much!

Grammy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pat
Congratulations and enjoy!! Paco says "Hubba, hubba, Jules."

Paco's favorite toys right now are willow wreaths from the dollar store and adding machine tape. He also loves anthing with string. I think Kathy was right when she advised you to start her chewing wood now while she's young. Paco was older when I got him and seems never to have developed the wood thing - not a big deal except that he needs to have his beak and claws trimmed quite a lot. I think ekkie girls might need to vent their energy a little more than males as well and chewing wood is good for that (I probably should have tried that myself)!

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
Gorgeous baby, congratulations!

sodakat

Real Name
Kathy
Congratulations and enjoy!! Paco says "Hubba, hubba, Jules."

Paco's favorite toys right now are willow wreaths from the dollar store and adding machine tape. He also loves anthing with string. I think Kathy was right when she advised you to start her chewing wood now while she's young. Paco was older when I got him and seems never to have developed the wood thing - not a big deal except that he needs to have his beak and claws trimmed quite a lot. I think ekkie girls might need to vent their energy a little more than males as well and chewing wood is good for that (I probably should have tried that myself)!
LOL, Pat!

Bella (vos) vents by attacking a small bear and monkey, but she works on wood. I introduced her to pinecones in the hopes they would give her something to do besides work on her feathers and it worked. Now she will chew soft logs (lousy firewood) also. She and my two Solomon girls will not chew wooden toys though. They prefer branches, etc.

The boys will sometimes chew pinecones and always chew on the small diameter tender branches. Only Sully will chew expensive wooden toys! But at least I now have someone who messes with the Avian Flusters I bought a year ago.

It can be a challenge to find what they will chew. Of the 7 I have only one will not chew. He is in perfect feather. Go figure.

poplrhill

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! She is just gorgeous!!!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of ekkie ownership!!! There's never a dull moment.....:D

Best,

Lisa
& Forrest 18 mo SIE :ekkiem:
& Kiwi 21 mo DNA female :sun:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Gorgeous girl!!! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.