• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I feel so... Stupid!!

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I mean I have had the joy of my yellow nape in my life for 28yrs. So I am not a newbie at birds. Years ago, I had quite the menagerie. The first of January we adopted Rowdy an 18mo old CAG. He took to my husband right off. Wants to be with him, will lightly nip me when I need to move him. I do spend some time with him also everyday. I am the one that feeds and cleans. About two weeks ago I was cleaning Rowdy's cage and he bopped me on the head with his beak. I looked up at him and he immediately yucked up for me. I of course just walked away, don't need him bonding to me. He did it again the other night. I went and asked my husband if Rowdy had every yucked up for him. He of course looked at me and I had to explain... :) He said no. Rowdy continues to favor Phil, who had never even touched a bird until Rowdy flew to him his 1st day here.

Last night I has over at Rowdy's play pen. It's where he eats his beloved snow peas. Some times he gets in such a hurry he drops them before eating all the peas. As I am cleaning them up (for the last 2 months I might add) I will check them and pop open the ones that still have peas and give them to him.

What an IDIOT I am!! I told Phil tonight that he is the Official Snow Pea checker from now on!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
No, no dearie…. it's what we women do…. always picking up after others. Stupid is giving in to the hubby for two dogs and back to walking around the yard picking poop up…. and brushing them, bathing them, always having to take them out, washing dirty dog bed covers, washing the floor…… he loves them so much but not so much the taking care of part. While he snoozes on the couch in the evenings after dinner they're piled on him and what am I doing? Bird chores… of course. But, you know what's really stupid…. sticking my finger in Henry's cage to give him scritches to soften his mood after I locked him in for being aggressive …. I didn't want to leave on a bad note … after a couple minutes of rubbing his cheeks he nailed me. First vicious bite in 8 1/2 years. Now THAT…. was STUPID. :arghh: