• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I can't use my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
The lens for my camera is stuffed. It's never focused properly and it made noises when it was focusing (like it was having trouble getting focus), I can't afford to buy another lens, I have no money at all.. and now I don't have a camera to use.

Does anyone know where I could maybe get a cheap lens? or someone thats selling lens cheap? I understand they're pricey and that, but I got a good camera and the person I bought it from gave me crappy, now not usable, lens with it.​

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Sorry that sucks a lot :(. Sorry I'm of no help.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I can only suggest keeping an eye on Ebay for a cheap lens, or the Trading Post. Hope you find one soon!!

hsmoscout

Well the reason the lens did that is probably because it is cheap :/
. For a quick replacement get either the Canon 18-55mm IS and/or the Canon 50mm f/1.8, the best values Canon offers for under $200 (US). if you can get them used so they're even cheaper. A lot of used 50mm f/1.8 around.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yeah, there's quite a few on ebay. I found one for $30 and it's a 28-88mm zoom lens. I put a bid on but someone can outbid me so I might'nt even get it - I'll keep looking if I don't win it.

ETA: if worse comes to worse, I'll have to sell my other camera so I can get new lens.

Last edited:

hsmoscout

Yeah, there's quite a few on ebay. I found one for $30 and it's a 28-88mm zoom lens. I put a bid on but someone can outbid me so I might'nt even get it - I'll keep looking if I don't win it.

ETA: if worse comes to worse, I'll have to sell my other camera so I can get new lens.
really, just save some money for the 18-55. Cheapy eBay lens may mess up your camera and you might as well not take pics at all. It's not an emergency if you can't get one right away, especially if you have another camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.