• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I can't keep them all!!!...well maybe a few lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Interesting how I am a BIRD rescue and I end up taking in dogs, cats and god knows what else! Even a rabbit once LOL
I can't remember if I told Clifford's story so I thought I would share. Pull up a chair and get yourself a cup of coffee because if you haven't noticed yet...lol I am long winded haha :) don't tell anyone :hehe:
First let me start off by saying, I am not a cat person. I love ALL animals and will take in ANY that need help but I would never purposefully go out and get a cat as a pet. And what do you know I have ended up with 4 cats. I love dogs. I will always have dogs, however, my two kittens might have changed my mind. :)
*Pic heavy!*
Clifford was rescued by me out of a dumpster along with his 5 other brothers and sisters at 2 weeks of age. I had to bottle feed all of them, and Clifford's condition was the worst. He was unconscious and going into seizures. He was severely dehydrated. I called my vet and since I was experienced with the type of treatment he needed he gave me detailed instructions to hopefully save his life.The vet thought he would not survive the night. In the picture you can see his hospital cage I had set up which included a 10 gallon aquarium, a heating blanket, and lots of towels. I injected him with water every 30 minutes Sub-Q, to keep him hydrated. I mixed canned cat food with water, human chicken baby food along with Pedialyte and had to force feed him through a syringe. He is now doing wonderful!!!! He did make it through the night and has been doing great. He is now about 17 weeks old and only the size of maybe a 9 week old kitten. When he was 7 weeks I took him to the vet and he weighed .10 lbs. A 7 week old kitten is supposed to weigh close to 2 lbs. Clifford is still tiny but cute as a button! I love my Clifford so much! Actually the whole family loves Clifford. Clifford, because I was so afraid of leaving him alone, because he was so tiny and my large dogs could easily step on him; I just took him with me everywhere. So lol he is very very conditioned to riding in the car. He will just fall right asleep in my lap and doesn't mind the frequent trips I take him on at all :)

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
That last pic is sooo cute! He looks like a sweetie, i'm sorry he had such a rough start to life. You are awesome to have helped him so much!

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
OMG!!! I happen to think kittens are the CUTEST baby animals hands down. He is so freaking adorable and ever so lucky that you were there to rescue him!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
such a cutie thanks for sharing

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an adorable little angel. He really had a time of it. Bless you for rescuing him and all the others.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
bless your heart dear ..he is adorable..I love the pic of him with your doggie.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
omg he is beautiful! I love the spot of white on his whiskers! :heart: That first pic breaks my heart, is that how he looked when you rescued him?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
you are right, you cannot keep them all, however, the one's like Clifford that you have heavily invested your heart in - those stay.

There are a few here that were to only pass thru until they were strong enough to move on, that never left

Clifford is adorable and your love and hard work are shining thru his beautiful eyes

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, I am so glad that you were able to take him in, and he is doing better! He is soo adorable, hehe!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Interesting how I am a BIRD rescue and I end up taking in dogs, cats and god knows what else! Even a rabbit once LOL
I can't remember if I told Clifford's story so I thought I would share. Pull up a chair and get yourself a cup of coffee because if you haven't noticed yet...lol I am long winded haha :) don't tell anyone :hehe:
First let me start off by saying, I am not a cat person. I love ALL animals and will take in ANY that need help but I would never purposefully go out and get a cat as a pet. And what do you know I have ended up with 4 cats. I love dogs. I will always have dogs, however, my two kittens might have changed my mind. :)
*Pic heavy!*
Clifford was rescued by me out of a dumpster along with his 5 other brothers and sisters at 2 weeks of age. I had to bottle feed all of them, and Clifford's condition was the worst. He was unconscious and going into seizures. He was severely dehydrated. I called my vet and since I was experienced with the type of treatment he needed he gave me detailed instructions to hopefully save his life.The vet thought he would not survive the night. In the picture you can see his hospital cage I had set up which included a 10 gallon aquarium, a heating blanket, and lots of towels. I injected him with water every 30 minutes Sub-Q, to keep him hydrated. I mixed canned cat food with water, human chicken baby food along with Pedialyte and had to force feed him through a syringe. He is now doing wonderful!!!! He did make it through the night and has been doing great. He is now about 17 weeks old and only the size of maybe a 9 week old kitten. When he was 7 weeks I took him to the vet and he weighed .10 lbs. A 7 week old kitten is supposed to weigh close to 2 lbs. Clifford is still tiny but cute as a button! I love my Clifford so much! Actually the whole family loves Clifford. Clifford, because I was so afraid of leaving him alone, because he was so tiny and my large dogs could easily step on him; I just took him with me everywhere. So lol he is very very conditioned to riding in the car. He will just fall right asleep in my lap and doesn't mind the frequent trips I take him on at all :)

Clifford is so cute. He is ok and out of the woods medically and just small or is his health still compromised? He is adorable:)

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Lol.........with a name like Clifford I expected a puppy lol I didn't even get it when you said Kittne over and over again...I'm a little Tired lol................But those are cute pics I like hte one with the dog and Clifford the best.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
omg he is beautiful! I love the spot of white on his whiskers! :heart: That first pic breaks my heart, is that how he looked when you rescued him?
Yep, he was 2 weeks old and just pitiful looking, all of the kittens were very dirty but NOT like he was. He was the absolute worst. That is actually after I helped him throught the night because he was completely unresponsive when I found him. I actually thought he was dead when I found him but I could feel his little faint heart bead and he was breathing. When I got him home he was started seizing and I just did what the vet said. He ended up pulling through it though :)

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Clifford is so cute. He is ok and out of the woods medically and just small or is his health still compromised? He is adorable:)[/LEFT]

He is ok and out of the woods for now. He is just not growing very well. Also, his teeth have been coming in late, he had to be feed only soft foods until he was about 10 weeks. He is doing great now and a terror when it comes to food. I think you had seen the video of him eating! Ahhhh LOL. I am so nervous with him I am running to the vet everytime he blinks. He has already made close to 10 trips. He now has all of his shots, been wormed, treated for Upper Resp., he has yet to get his rabies vacc. yet because he still just doesn't weigh enough, they vet is uncomfortable giving it to him when he is so small. He is VERY strong, and eats well, my vet just thinks he is going to very small cat. :) I am ok with that. Other wise he is very healthy :)
I think I have some updated pics of his best friend that I actually rescued before those kittens. I ended up keeping the two little boys and Thomas is only 2 weeks older and MUCH MUCH bigger. They LOVE each other. Clifford was in his Christmas present enjoying it haha

The BIG black cat is my big male. He is 28 lbs and he is ALL muscle :) The only reason he hasn't eaten that kitten is because he is so old that he has no more teeth. I love my kitties :hehe:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
awwwww. you are wonderful.:heart:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:omg: I am a cat person and black and white kitties are my weakness! Our last cat passed away 3 years ago and was black and white. No cats at the moment because I am afraid to get one with the birds.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
:omg: I am a cat person and black and white kitties are my weakness! Our last cat passed away 3 years ago and was black and white. No cats at the moment because I am afraid to get one with the birds.
My kitties don't mess with the birdies :) Yay

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Loved Clifford! What a doll. I have 7 cats and they are curious with Stan but generally leave her alone. I think for all us rescue oriented people we want to keep them all in fear of where they came from and don't want them in a bad situation ever again. However, as my hubby says, if we adopt all our fosters we wouldn't have space to take in any more. So with heavy heart I have given up my "babies" as they find their forever homes.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
OMG, he is so cute!! I love the picture with him and your dog. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.