• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I broke BIRD RULE #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
We've all said it, we've all read it......but tonight, I broke it.

NEVER kiss your bird on the beak after they have had a Habanero pepper in their food.

Pita snuck up on me, and kissed me on the lips.....me forgetting I put 1 Habanero pepper in his dinner.....I kissed him back.

A good lesson for us all.....may save your lips. :huh:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: That does not sound plesant at all! That was a firey kiss Im sure :D

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:rofl: or rub your eyes after you have cut one up for your birds!
Oh man, does that ever burn!!! and you can't see either:o:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
That is why you keep milk on hand! If you ever get any kind of pepper in your eye or mouth do a milk rinse, it will take away the burning. :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
milk helps with the burning

so sorry about this, guess that means no H'ween treats for Pita, since he tricked you first LOL

hsmoscout

:omg: Is it worse than the time you got it on your finger? I hope you feel better. And I had no idea that that was Bird Rule #1!

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
The peppers are removed out of Angel's food. If by some accident I miss a section of one or tiny one gets slipped in , I'll give her cheese to reduce the burn in her mouth.

I've always make her eat some cheese. It does help.

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Is it worse than the time you got it on your finger?
AJ, that time I had used a spoon I used to mix his dinner to eat ice cream with....my lips burned for quite a while and I couldn't figure out why the chocolate ice cream was so spicy. Not a good combo...lol

The peppers are removed out of Angel's food. If by some accident I miss a section of one or tiny one gets slipped in , I'll give her cheese to reduce the burn in her mouth.

I've always make her eat some cheese. It does help.
Is Angel your bird? Birds don't taste the heat. They don't produce saliva, which is what activates the heat for us. So they don't taste the heat just the pepper.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
YEOWWUCH!!!! :oops:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Is Angel your bird? Birds don't taste the heat. They don't produce saliva, which is what activates the heat for us. So they don't taste the heat just the pepper.

I was going to say that but ya beat me to it :p

plus i thought birds weren't supposed to have cheese, since their lactose in tolerant

But i hope your lips feel better :D

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea

plus i thought birds weren't supposed to have cheese, since their lactose in tolerant
From what I've read they can have a LITTLE. The Healthy Bird Cookbook has some put into their recipes, but they also specify to use white cheeses as they somehow have a lower lactose content.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Ouch! been there and done that in the past with peppers. My lips seemed to all peel! Could put up with that it was the burning sensation that i hated the most though. Hope you are better now.:hug8:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I've had the "pleasure" of a hot kiss from Zoe! I didn't actually notice until i absent mindedly licked my lips...OUCH!! I made sure i got some evil enjoyment from the situation though, hehe, i snuck up on my then bf and innocently went "wanna kiss?" :lol:The worst thing is Zoe really really prefers the tiny hot peppers, so it wasn't just a mild ouchie burn (cause i rather like most chillies myself), it was seriously intense!

Status
Not open for further replies.