• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am stunned, after rescueing all her birds she now wants them back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I am sure the op had no intention of giving them back anyway. I have no idea why she came on here for sympathy. The birds are not the ops anyway..she has already sold and rehomed most of them, in spite of their bad states of health. Perhaps the op originally intended to help out..but I honestly would question anyone who would take on that many birds at once. She also rehomed some the very same day, without consulting the owner. The birds have gone from a bad situation to a worse one. I think this thread should be closed. This person has lost any modicum of sympathy or respect I had for her. Those birds have gone from the frying pan into the fire. I can only hope that some of the homes found were good ones. I feel like I want to vomit reading this thread and the op's feeble excuses.
I think this thread should be closed as well before it gets uglier.
i think it should be closed too. this is getting nowhere

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Because she never got back to me.
Texting someone is not the same as talking to them. There could be a number of reasons why she might not have received your messages.
These things should be dealt with face to face or over the phone at the least, otherwise situations like this happen.

Chinnychews

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Caroline Fawcett
Texting someone is not the same as talking to them. There could be a number of reasons why she might not have received your messages.
These things should be dealt with face to face or over the phone at the least, otherwise situations like this happen.
That would be a great idea if she had called when she said she would or answered her phone on the night that she asked me to call her.

Harlow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Harlow
I'm sorry, but I don't think you are going to find any solutions to handle the situation here. The situation is very sad. Bottom line is the deal that was struck was not clear cut and defined, no matter how you feel or what you think, if it was there probably would not be so much controversy about it. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but even I found what you did as shocking. You took birds from a woman who said she was mentally unstable. She needed time for herself to get back on her feet. You offered to give her birds back- the wording is moot. I'm sorry it is, if someone said to me they would give them back I am expecting to be able to get them back- all of them back. The one word you are arguing is ridiculous, you should have stated clearly- you may have X number of birds back, at my discretion . The short amount of time you had them- one month is really not that long, and the fact that you sold some of them really rubbed me the wrong way. One month is not a long time. I have had house guests longer. You sold some of the adults, she clearly said she was having financial and mental issues she needed to work on. So maybe she could not answer back, for either reason. If that was the case you should have contacted her in another way- face to face. She said you could sell the babies to recoup financial losses- not the parents- and the fact that she said you could sell the babies leads me to believe she was let you do that to help with the costs until she could take them back.
I am not on her side. I am merely stating my opinion. I am on the birds side. They deserve something much better in this situation. I don't feel, in the parrots best interest, they should go back or stay with you- but the law is held above any of my feelings.
I hope we can all clear the air and move on. Their is nothing much more to say other than arguing, which is never attractive or helpful. I hope everything works out in the best possible way for the parrots.

Status
Not open for further replies.